Thread: The Morrari recreation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journeyman Racer
    Steve, just spoke to Gavin Bain who informs me that the car was built twice - first as the Morrie with steel wheels and then secondly as the Morrari on the Ferrari chassis. He was adamant of this and tells me that everyone else has it quite wrong. So I dont know what to make of this all now as he assured me that when he bought the car from Garth Souness it had the wire wheels on it and all.
    Perhaps the wire wheels were fitted back onto the car and the wide steel wheels were taken off it.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Stokes View Post
    Steve, just spoke to Gavin Bain who informs me that the car was built twice - first as the Morrie with steel wheels and then secondly as the Morrari on the Ferrari chassis. He was adamant of this and tells me that everyone else has it quite wrong. So I dont know what to make of this all now as he assured me that when he bought the car from Garth Souness it had the wire wheels on it and all.
    Perhaps the wire wheels were fitted back onto the car and the wide steel wheels were taken off it.
    I have no recollection of any Souness Morris Minor before the Ferrari-chassis one
    Quite likely the Borranis were put back on for sale to Bain, as it would have been known he was going to convert it back to a GP Ferrari
    Have to confess though I never noticed it switched to steel wheels, and I saw it often enough