Thread: HELP !

HELP !

Name:  BCM Conrod bolt 001.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  25.1 KB
    You probably have gathered that I am better at racing cars than fixing them. This is a con rod bolt out of my BCM motor which is a 6 cyl Vauxhall 2.2L PA S (1957).
    It is not Vauxhall as when it was re built we did not use Vauxhall rods.
    The bolt is 52mm from under the head to tip of thread, has a 5/16 shaft to a 5/16 UNF thread.
    Where do I go to get 12 replacements?
    Someone said ARP in the States but does anyone in NZ supply or source bolts?

Any response appreciated.

Also if anyone has a PA motor under the bench then my hand is up as I am running out of bits - down to my last head and current block is out +60 thou.
    Chris Read - Arrowtown

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
    Name:  BCM Conrod bolt 001.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  25.1 KB
    You probably have gathered that I am better at racing cars than fixing them. This is a con rod bolt out of my BCM motor which is a 6 cyl Vauxhall 2.2L PA S (1957).
    It is not Vauxhall as when it was re built we did not use Vauxhall rods.
    The bolt is 52mm from under the head to tip of thread, has a 5/16 shaft to a 5/16 UNF thread.
    Where do I go to get 12 replacements?
    Someone said ARP in the States but does anyone in NZ supply or source bolts?

Any response appreciated.

Also if anyone has a PA motor under the bench then my hand is up as I am running out of bits - down to my last head and current block is out +60 thou.
    Chris Read - Arrowtown
    I source all my ARP products from Segedins, 381 Dominion Rd, Kingsland, here in Auckland. Ph 09 638 6439.

Will give them a go - thanks, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wynna7 View Post
    I source all my ARP products from Segedins, 381 Dominion Rd, Kingsland, here in Auckland. Ph 09 638 6439.
    Chris,

I am in Adelaide South Australia and into Vauxhalls - especially early stuff.
    I have a contactwho has E model stuff - Should be able to source an engine if you need it

BTW I have always been interested in the BCM and also the earlier Maybey 14 Vauxhall special - have you any shots or details (specs) of the car out of interest - There are photos of the BCM but not the earlier car

cheers,

Lachlan Kinnear
    Adelaide
    lachlan.kinnear@sa.gov.au