Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Goodwood Revival

2012 Goodwood Revival

Name:  cabimageresizer (8).jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  67.5 KB

Its happening this weekend, the 14 - 16 September, the 2012 Goodwood Revival. This years event celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Cobra, with a special Shelby Cup race for 1961 - '66 Cobra's. Also on the menu is the Freddie March Memorial Trophy, marking the 60th anniversary of the first Goodwood Nine Hour race, for 1952 - '55 sports cars.

The Barry Sheene Memorial Trophy for 1951 - '54 motorcycles, St Mary's Trophy for 1950 - '59 saloon cars, RAC TT for 1960 - '64 GT cars, are also on the program, along with the Whitsun Trophy for 1963 - '66 prototype sports cars, Fordwater Trophy for 1964 - '66 production and GT cars, Brooklands Trophy for pre-1939 sports cars, the Sussex Trophy for 1955 - '60 sports cars, Richmond And Gordon Trophy for 1954 - '61 Inter-Continental Formula and F1 cars, Goodwood Trophy for 1930 - '50 Grand Prix and Voiturette cars, Chichester Cup for 1958 - '60 front-engined FJ cars, and the Glover Trophy for 1961 - '65 F1 and Tasman cars.

This is the ultimate historic racing event, an automotive party, a celebration of history, a nostalgic time-capsule.

Some teaser photos from the 2010 and 2011 events, courtesy Paul Malbert, John Colley, Giles Babbidde, and Adam Beresford.

Name:  cabimageresizer (1).jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  cabimageresizer (2).jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  cabimageresizer (3).jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  cabimageresizer (4).jpg
Views: 999
Size:  69.9 KB

When i look at these pictures it makes me think im living in the wrong country!! but im not!! nevertheless what a fantastic historic line up and how do we go about replicating an event like this in NZ, the Festival of Motor Racing is as close as we can get, i guess, and well worth the support, certainly gets me motivated

Nice to see my "Pit Crew" in black uniforms

Dale M

I am very pleased to say that I will be there again this year with Jay Esterer and his Chinook. I will try to take some 'happy snaps'.

Wal, that'll be great! Hope you have a fantastic weekend, I'm sure you will!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    When i look at these pictures it makes me think im living in the wrong country!! but im not!! nevertheless what a fantastic historic line up and how do we go about replicating an event like this in NZ, the Festival of Motor Racing is as close as we can get, i guess, and well worth the support, certainly gets me motivated

Dale M
    I take it Karen wasn't on the select committee when hand-picking your pit crew Dale?

Wow! taxying the Spitfire along the pit straight would have been an interesting exercise as forward visibility is so limited for the pilot by the monster engine....would have been a unique sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post

Dale M
    Maybe its the 'black uniform' that we need at HD to get the crowds in. A few WW II aircraft certainly wouldn't go amiss either.

Dale, also noticed the Porsche, did not realise they had such long legs either. Bring your crew along and give me a yell if you need a manager to keep a eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    Wow! taxying the Spitfire along the pit straight would have been an interesting exercise as forward visibility is so limited for the pilot by the monster engine....would have been a unique sight.
    Must have been bloody loud too!

Check this out! The driver list alone is something else. No place for Oldfart!

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&...&tabletype=gif

Thanks Rhys, yep, thats pretty amazing! Just been following Dan Bowdens updates on Facebook. The Bowdens took the Ron Thorpe Cobra across to compete in the Cobra events. The Daytona coupe was winning until it had engine problems.

World Champion

Ahhh, nice one Bry, good find.