Thread: 2012 Goodwood Revival

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dale, it will blow you away.
    Make sure you take plenty of cards for your camera and if you can, spend all three days there. I have only ever managed the Friday practice day (twice) and half of a Saturday (once).
    Paddock entry is restricted to Goodwood Racing Club members and limited others (press etc) and collar and tie is mandatory, even if you are not in period gear.
    Gates don't open until 7:30am on the Frday but there is so much to see that you cannot possibly do it justice in one day.
    Note just how close the spectators are to the track and the lack of catch fencing, which makes this a viewing experience like no other.
    Both times I have visited I had to leave early and one day I have promised myself I will go on my own without having to consider the needs of other people who are not real enthusiasts.

Great photographs and very interesting to see the Cooper Bristol wearing mudguards for the sports car race! The bronze C type Jaguar following it was once raced by Fangio and easily won the sports car race at this year's historic Monaco meeting, driven with great verve and sounding glorious.

Is Sir Stirling in the birdcage Maserati?

Nice piece and good pics in today's Auckland Herald, motoring section too.

This event should be on every enthusiast's bucket list.
    Last edited by ERC; 09-22-2012 at 08:17 AM.