Thread: Another member in New Zealand

Weekend Warrior

Another member in New Zealand

Hello! I'm originally from the UK but have been living in New Zealand for the last 5 years. I've been interested in classic cars for many years - in fact since I started driving when they were just old bangers I've been a fan of motor racing since I was a kid and used to visit Brands Hatch regularly when I lived in the UK. I also went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival meetings as well as visiting classic car shows. My car history has been quite varied - my first car after passing my driving test was a 1955 Ford 100E Prefect (which was 4 years younger than me) and was followed by a Standard 10, Sunbeam Rapier, Morris 1100 and a Hillman Husky before I left University and started buying "new" cars. The more "interesting" cars have included a 1969 Lotus 7 1600GT, 1973 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1996 Lotus Elise, 1974/1989 Caterham 1700 Supersprint, 1999 Lotus Elise and, now, a 1968 Alfa Romeo-powered Lotus 7 (see separate thread!) I found this site while trawling the interweb for information on my new car and have found it absolutely fascinating

Welcome to The Roaring Season, its great to have you here. I've been enjoying your thread on the Alfa/Lotus 7. I can only imagine how good that car will sound. Bet you can't wait for it to arrive.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks! Yes, the ship can't sail fast enough for me!!