Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: custaxie 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    John, That would depend on how HMC see's it, but would think what it ran in period would be OK, but as far as HMC, I am a little unsure, Dale will know, but that car would not have run big tyres when it was raced, you could see that from the photos you showed us.
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    John, That would depend on how HMC see's it, but would think what it ran in period would be OK, but as far as HMC, I am a little unsure, Dale will know, but that car would not have run big tyres when it was raced, you could see that from the photos you showed us.
    Roger
    Roger, John, this is were some on this forum just don't get what "Historic" and "Classic" racing is all about!! your XA Falcon Coupe John, my Mustang and many other vehicles "of that era" and type that raced back when new(and now in HMC) prior to 12/77 generally used the "Goodyear Blue Streak" race tyre in "Period" so your Falcon John would be Shedule K correct with 15" wheels and Goodyear BS Tyres(providing the rest of the car is), this is just like what Moffat and others ran in the day and theres plenty of pictures as proof. When Fahey imported his 70 Boss Mustang he fitted it with these very Goodyear tyres in 1970(Steve will have pics). And this is exactly what were doing in HMC, creating a "Historic" saloon class under T&C(for more modified vehicles) and Shedule K(for period correct vehicles) so they have somewhere to race without been in the same race as modernised up-spec "cheater type" vehicles but in old body shells with a silhouette look(although this is still OK by me) .

Now, the 12/77 is a deemed FIA historic date for a change in techology but is not a exact line directly draw in the sand but its what we(and other countries) use regardless, many of the Torana hatchs, XC Cobra Falcon started using a "Slick" tyre just prior to this date but this was as group C took over from the Saloon car era!! remember this was modern racing back in the day and when new advancements in technology came along everyone wanted it.

Crunch can correct me if i've not quite got the details correct.

OK, Back to the Custaxi.

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 04-06-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Dale- actually I was discussing the Monaro with Rodger
    Also did you get my pm today?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 04-06-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Dale- actually I was discussing the Monaro with Rodger
    Same applies except your Monaro is the actual car!! bit like Nigels ex-Dawson Mustang, etc

Dale M

it just amazes me, all this debating about a car ( me included) when all that is needed is some photos of the old and new then everyone can make up their own mind as to like or dislike. Not a photo of a fastback anglia either, but custaxie 1 and custaxie 2

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    it just amazes me, all this debating about a car ( me included) when all that is needed is some photos of the old and new then everyone can make up their own mind as to like or dislike. Not a photo of a fastback anglia either, but custaxie 1 and custaxie 2
    There are some photos up here of cus1&2

I was at the leadfoot. The Custaxie 2 was worthy of being there for sure, it was cool and interesting. So what if it isn't he original, or a perfect recreation.

I was racing my Almac Cobra. This isn't an exact replica of a Shelby Cobra, it is a 1989 New Zealand built special that resembles a Cobra, but that is about it. It has a Chev motor, Kevlar body, square tube chassis, 17 inch wheels, hill born injection, all things that make it wrong if you say it is real. However..... It is mine, I enjoy it, most people like seeing it out there, and it has a race history of its own now.

I say let people enjoy what they have. I agree that people should be honest about a car being real, original, or a copy, similar too etc, but otherwise, let people enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraV8 View Post

I say let people enjoy what they have. I agree that people should be honest about a car being real, original, or a copy, similar too etc, but otherwise, let people enjoy.
    +1

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    +1
    +2

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    +2
    +3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    +3 ?
    +4

This is really great info guys! Keep it coming.

Didn't one of the engines go into Miss Air New Zealand (may have been rename for Miss coventry)

I think it was Miss Air NZ that bit Peters leg (stand to be corrected on all)

And +6

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Didn't one of the engines go into Miss Air New Zealand (may have been rename for Miss coventry)

I think it was Miss Air NZ that bit Peters leg (stand to be corrected on all)

And +6
    If you are talking about Peter Urquart Rod,it was Miss Coventry he was in when it went up side down

Thanks for that, sure bit his leg good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Thanks for that, sure bit his leg good.
    Manfeild last sunday, i rolled into the place 130pm i walked in the gate and there it was Custaxie 2, i had a good look over the car i see they have fitted a power steering R&P box to the car. The last time i was at manfeild there was diff oil over the inside of the wheels,no breather on the diff.The car was not running that good, to me the motor was flat and had a miss to it maybe over fueled done know,would not run clean or idle right could be the cam thats in it now only my view after seeing this car having a run on sunday, more work need to get this car running right,time will tell,but it was good to see this car out there. I did talk to Robert Bartley about the ups and downs with the car at Lead Foot also.

Try re-reading yourself, Paul was asking Russ to stop revving you.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Try re-reading yourself, Paul was asking Russ to stop revving you.
    You may have to look again at what paul said,i did read it again GD66,no cant see where it said Russ was getting at me.My view is paul was saying to leave Robert Bartley alone. Do you think thats what he was saying ,only my view on what paul put up here.

I was actually on your side man.seems like people are knocking the custaxie, and all I was trying to say was, hey guys, we are all motorsport fans at the end of the day ,no matter what we drive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paul lancaster View Post
    I was actually on your side man.seems like people are knocking the custaxie, and all I was trying to say was, hey guys, we are all motorsport fans at the end of the day ,no matter what we drive.
    Paul, Custaxie50 will always take things the wrong way. Why else do you think I wind the poor sod, up?