Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: custaxie 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Thanks for that, sure bit his leg good.
    Manfeild last sunday, i rolled into the place 130pm i walked in the gate and there it was Custaxie 2, i had a good look over the car i see they have fitted a power steering R&P box to the car. The last time i was at manfeild there was diff oil over the inside of the wheels,no breather on the diff.The car was not running that good, to me the motor was flat and had a miss to it maybe over fueled done know,would not run clean or idle right could be the cam thats in it now only my view after seeing this car having a run on sunday, more work need to get this car running right,time will tell,but it was good to see this car out there. I did talk to Robert Bartley about the ups and downs with the car at Lead Foot also.

I don't know what the history is between custaxie50 and you Russ,but leave the poor bugger alone, running down his ride. At the end of the day man, we are all motorsport fans, regardless what ride we are in

Quote Originally Posted by paul lancaster View Post
    I don't know what the history is between custaxie50 and you Russ,but leave the poor bugger alone, running down his ride. At the end of the day man, we are all motorsport fans, regardless what ride we are in
    For a start paul you dont know what you are talking about, i dont know Russ at all,he has been around this sport for a number of years.you may like to go back and read some more that has been put up here before you start,you said-running down his ride.Do you know anything about the Custaxie that was build in 1966 and the one we see today.Did you see the old car run in 1966,what about the new car also have you been to a track to see it run.Just so you and maybe others on here in know way am i running down Robert Bartley in any way at all,i hope you understand this paul ok. Just about forgot paul,i had a bit to do with the old car and i made it into a road car after they stopped racing this car.

Try re-reading yourself, Paul was asking Russ to stop revving you.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Try re-reading yourself, Paul was asking Russ to stop revving you.
    You may have to look again at what paul said,i did read it again GD66,no cant see where it said Russ was getting at me.My view is paul was saying to leave Robert Bartley alone. Do you think thats what he was saying ,only my view on what paul put up here.

Back to the car ah! this is about the car not people (hopefully)

cheers

I was actually on your side man.seems like people are knocking the custaxie, and all I was trying to say was, hey guys, we are all motorsport fans at the end of the day ,no matter what we drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Back to the car ah! this is about the car not people (hopefully)

cheers
    Yes Rod you are right its all about the car it may not be the old girl etc,but its good to see this car out there.Look at it this way the kids today cant get it into there heads that something like this was out there 47 years ago.So it must be good for the sport if they like cars like this,what are they going to be like when this new class of old Sports Sedans gets up and running.

Journeyman Racer
    i have read a lot of back and fourth re this car. would like to see a photo. anyone got one they can post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post
    i have read a lot of back and fourth re this car. would like to see a photo. anyone got one they can post on here?
    Type "Custaxie" in Google images and you will get lots of photos of both the original car and the newly created version.

Journeyman Racer
    Ok,just did that. That opened up a whole lot of photos,including some of mine! The recreation of the Custaxie looks like an exellent one to me.he did a great job and it could not have been easy.

I have seen it in person, and it is a great representation. Time for the old ladies here to stop whining. It will never be the real car, but the real car will never be.....

Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post
    Ok,just did that. That opened up a whole lot of photos,including some of mine! The recreation of the Custaxie looks like an exellent one to me.he did a great job and it could not have been easy.
    Yes i have looked at what you have put up here.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    I may have sold him the headers and exhaust from the Custaxie,i do recall going to his work shop to see the roadster he was working on.I would go to the Kopuku drag strip the Custaxie was there,Drag-on-Lady-Gail was there also with her Impala,open face-Helmet,T-Shirt,Shorts,thats the way this Lady did it.As we all know this Lady has passed over not that long ago,very sad to hear,a nice Lady to talk to and full of fun.
    I got told that this is the ex Drag-on-Lady Impala i took this photo at the Nostalgia Drags last month.Name:  Drag-on-Lady.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  165.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CobraV8 View Post
    I have seen it in person, and it is a great representation. Time for the old ladies here to stop whining. It will never be the real car, but the real car will never be.....
    Did you see the old car.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Did you see the old car.
    No unfortunately not. I have seen plenty of photos. So yes I don't know exactly how it should be, but better seeing this racing than a Mitsubishi mirage or something.

No unfortunately not. I have seen plenty of photos. So yes I don't know exactly how it should be, but better seeing this racing than a Mitsubishi mirage or something.
    any car racing is better than no car racing surely

I remember Gail Prast blasting this 409 Impala down the track, It was really something back in the day. Still a mighty impressive car.
    Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by 225sloper View Post
    I got told that this is the ex Drag-on-Lady Impala i took this photo at the Nostalgia Drags last month.Name:  Drag-on-Lady.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  165.8 KB

Airstraficanza(?) Ardmore, , John Dorn was there also.

Yes you are right,it is good to see this car out there and we need to see more like this car out there also.Sometimes i get back home after going to a meeting and think what a load of shit that was,all this bmw,jap,min etc we have to put up with out there today.Roll on this new class that is getting off the ground of Sports Sedans that will be good to see the old cars out there again.