Thread: Article: Miss Victorious

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An interesting aside to the Miss Victorious story. Back in 1979 I would go down to AJ Automotive in Hornby to help Alec Dickie and Dod McFetrish when I was on night shift. Alec, and his father Ken, as we all know built a 327 powered Victor for OSCA racing. Alec told me of Jack leaving Miss Victorious on the trailer on the empty section next to Alec's house between SI rounds, which I understand was quite a period of time. When Jack returned he asked where the spare wheels were off the front of the trailer. They had been stolen. As has been indicated, the car ran on F5000 wheels, which are centre lock. A while later this chap comes into AJ Auto asking of the could put some stud holes into these nice light rims which had came with none. If they couldn't, he was going to throw them into the Estuary. Alec immediately recognised them and suggested some serious consequences if this guy didn't give them back. So Jack got his wheels returned.
    It is interesting seeing the advert for Miss Victorious for sale for $7000 as a roller. At that time Alec offered me his Victor for $6500 ready to race. How times have changed.
    Pete

Semi-Pro Racer
    Great to see those photos of Greg Lancaster and Tony Kriletich with Greg's Victor. In the Mid 1960s I worked with both Tony and Greg in a Government Department. Many of the staff had Kriletich modified cars. Tony was a demon on head mods and car crazy staff used his skills. Interesting Jack Nazer also worked for the same Government Department but had left to set up a car wreckers before then.
    Lost track of Tony but Greg left the government to become a very successful businessman. They were fun times.