Attached Images Attached Images     

7d

7e

7f

Well that did not take long:

Some amazing photos of some amazing cars and drivers, The 60's were definately a time of change and thank god as we progressed into the 70's safety changed (along with design, construction techniques, tyres, seat belts, and track safety.) in a big way and we stopped loseing so many great drivers. It is sad when we look back at the photos and realize how many are not with us now either from accidents or our main enemy,age.

Never a Tasman champion but World Champion in both driver and construction.
    Maybe Sir Jack Brabham knew something.

If only Bruce Mclaren could see the legacy he has left for all of us to enjoy, and his name still winning Grand Prix's.

Frank Gardner making the decision, and then giving us all the tin top experience, weather it be him in the Camaro, or mentoring other greats in the BMW Team.

One great thing about the Festival's held each year at Hampton Downs and all other Classic Meetings around the country, we get to see the cars, some of the drivers, and most of all people who have motorsport in the veins.
    We are so lucky in this country to have so many classic and historic cars, so if you have not been to a Classic meeting, you will grow old wondering. It keeps all young, both cars and us. Believe me I am only 21.

Great work Rod, awesome job. I've really enjoyed seeing these. I have most of them but not all, so its great to see all the ones I don't have.

One thing I did forget and it needs a big mention;

A big thankyou to Min Sarginson and family for permission to share these magic moments in our motorsport history.

Maybe sometime we may see more.

Well said and good effort Rod. For a lot of people these days to understand the history of NZ motorsport, it only comes about by the generosity of people like the Sarginsons to share what they had the foresight to hang on to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    One thing I did forget and it needs a big mention;

A big thankyou to Min Sarginson and family for permission to share these magic moments in our motorsport history.

Maybe sometime we may see more.
    +1 or many more than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Good to see a Rover up at the head of the pack

Just been going over thread and checking a couple of things, I did not pick up on this one Bry

'The Irishman who thought a Rover 2000 was a bionic dog'