Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R.I.P.

Hi All
    I found out about this site by Googling my Dads name - Nigel (Christopher Jan Nigel) Roskilly as mentioned earlier in this post.
    To answer a few of the questions raised above:
    Yes Dad did race and RGR but I was only a toddler at the time - He also rallied in the Silver Fern and Heatway in the late 60's, early 70's , he also raced a Daimler V8 Manual Overdrive occasionally, and he was Cheif Flag Marshall for most Taccoc events in the 80's (before OSH decreeed that drinking bourbon and coke all day while flag marshalling was somehow breaking the rules!)
    Those of you who knew him will know that he lived and partied hard - smoked lots, was partial to the occasional Jack Daniels and had a love of classic motorsport and old english cars that was second to none. He passed away in September 2012 due to a combimation of medical conditions that finally caught up with him. ALthough he could be a cantankeorus (is that spelt correctly) and opinionated old bugger, he was my mentor and I miss him like I never thought I would. He taught me my mechanical skills and passion and much to his disgust (and pride), I have worked for a German automotive company (BMW) for 21 years and am currently the Training Manger for NZ.
    I have posted a couple of photos of Dad and will try and post more in future if anyone is interested. I have alot of old photos that I have to scan, and I believe that this forum would be a suitable forum to share them on - I dont want them to rot away in a cardboard box in my garage!
    Cheers
    Lance
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Great pics Lance. Had to look closely to confirm it was the same Nigel I remember from 95 onwards-clean shaven etc.There are pics of him in cars in Motorman mags, but nice to see him without helmet next to car. Great way to see him.

Hi Lance, welcome to The Roaring Season. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and beautiful photos. What years are these all from? And yes, more photos would be fantastic!