Thread: Motorsport NZ does Historic Racing need them.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Please don't accuse us of not wanting to go to the AGM Roger. As I posted some time ago, I booked a Wellington flight last year on the basis of what time the Historic workshop was meeting, and a return flight home not long after. Then they changed the time to an hour or so later, making it impossible.

I was out of the country this time so couldn't attend this year either. Where is it next year and what date?

We DID support the meeting in Auckland as stated before, but it didn't seem to matter what 110 local drivers wanted, it was a case of "ah, but we have to consult with the South Island too." We agree with that, but I can't see the South Island being against a set of rules that they can tighten if they wish.

All we really wanted was a set of umbrella regs that we could all work to instead of having stupid little clauses that outlaw too many cars for no sensible reason - other than some people have a bee in their bonnets about certain rules and are not wiling to see that they are irrelevant in achieving the aims of Classic motorsport - "participation and enjoyment".

Many people have made many representations, including posters on this MB, but at the end of the day, one club, one vote, not one competitor, one vote and the commission still makes its decisions based on what IT wants, not what the majority of competitors want, ditto the general attitude of MSNZ, who don't really seem to understand the needs or the practicalities of the historic and classic movement at all. That is my perception, it may not be yours. Like other posters on here who are active within their own spheres, I already spend far too much time running our series for the benefit of the drivers and the sport.

We now have 100 registered and fully paid up for this season, so whether others think we need to have CoD's, or conform 100% to T & C as currently written, our members effectively support our stance and that gives me a certain amount of satisfaction. It would give me even more satisfaction if the T & C rules were 100% workable and pragmatic enough to still give the Classic flavour, without the need for the Schedule K/Appendix K

Over the last few years, just look at the fuel fiasco for starters; seat belts in their boxes dumped; roll cage changes and now, we all have to go out and replace our fire extinguishers.

If I am sounding like a broken record, I am sorry, but I don't think my stance has changed at all over the years I have been involved. I am still heavily involved as a driver, series organiser/handicapper (two race groups), commentator, race promoter and even on occasions, spectator and photographer.

Too many people are too one eyed and can't really see the bigger picture as it affects others.
    Last edited by ERC; 10-11-2012 at 04:24 AM.