Extracted from the HRC newsletter put out today (well done Chris!), we get this little gem from MSNZ:

"There are a lot of positive things happening within our sport. Historic Racing is growing, grass roots motorsport is providing the opportunities for new competitors to get involved through an increasing number of events."

Anyone see the irony here? All of a sudden, historic motorsport gets a mention... No support, but a mention.

On a purely personal note, once again I find myself in the grip of the red tape. My road/tow car (and low key occasional competition car, maybe) that has been under construction for 8 years, now has a roll cage built to the previous regs (which we didn't sign off at the time - unfortunately), so now I need an engineer's report before it can be approved (with no guarantee that it will be of course). Yet more additional costs. But - I can cut the front frame out and lo and behold, by removing a section, the car will be 100% legal as it doesn't need homologation for a rear hoop and back stays.

I am sure Fair Go would love that one!

I can't think of any other circumstances where removing safety equipment means it is more legal.