Thread: Bob Jane Racing Heritage - Photo Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  480969_371488636277644_333887917_n.jpg
Views: 4159
Size:  77.6 KB[/QUOTE]

Steve, this car was built By Ron Harrop, at the Harrop Family Engineering workshop,in nothing more than a one car bay ,surrounded by Lathes and other pieces of large machineery,this facility was in Colebrock St., Brunswick,Chris Farrell,Master bodyman, who I have spoke of before. was responsible for the Body Mods,flares etc...rear flares on a 4door owing to that tricky 'Dog Leg' are super difficult .but after talking to Chris today,he explained that Ron Had fitted F5000 tyres to the rear of the Falcon,the sidewalls proved to be the 'weak link'as with the wieght of the Falcon it moved around to much..read 'body roll'....the tyre rubbing on both the inner and outer inner fenders.........these where the best set of 'Flares I ever saw on a 4door car, Chris had a great eye for getting the shapes to flow......Chris also was responsible for flares on Norms Monaro that visited NZ,Jane's Camaro,Moffats Mustang,sectioning fenders to suit Kar Kraft Profile,umpteen Drag Monaro's /Camaro's/Mustangs..unfortunately Chris, due to a 'Stroke and a fall in the shower while recovering ,has left him stuck in a 'Bloody' wheel chair....Bob Jane and Myself have just equiped,this week, Chris with an I.Pad and a 'Apple' 3GS so that he can become a member of 'The Roaring Seasons/Bob Jane Racing Heritage.....he has a wonderful 'recall' of events and people and names from our past and he cant wait to keep Steve Busy.......Regards Thunder427/Myles
    PS; wait till I get CHris to tell you all the story of taking a 'Fibreglass Mould of a 'Loan' Chrysler Charger from Norms Beechey's Chrysler dealer ship.....Salesman accussed Chris of having 'Thrown-up' in it,owing to the fact the Charge was Entombed in a Fibreglass Cacoon, for a number of days,the inside smelt that Sickly over sweet smell of Fibreglass.........over to Chris...Very Soon!!!!!
    Last edited by thunder427; 11-29-2012 at 04:04 AM.