Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
Don't talk to me about whinging Poms!!! The Roaring Season has turned into a whinge season!

If I have to pay rates to the wonderful new Auckland Council, I am more than happy to have some of it and of everybody else's go towards something I could actually get enjoyment out of. What they are spending is small change compared to what public money gets spent in Oz on motor racing - local, state, and national government. If some of the facilities are third world or worse, some of you guys who might know some of the local movers and shakers should make the state of affairs known to them - perhaps someone may be shamed into improving them. There's a few months to go.

As for not being able to see all of the track, that's a luxury very few tracks have anyway. You see the bit in front of you at Bathurst, or Spa or Monza, and with a bit of luck you might have a "big screen" somewhere as well.

Now, on a slightly different note: the first ever motor race meeting at Pukekohe was the 1963 NZ Grand Prix on Saturday, January 5 1963. By a quirk of the calendar, January 5 2013 also falls on a Saturday - is anybody planning any sort of celebration for the circuit's 50th Anniversary?

Just wondered.

Stu
Gee, it would be great to see cars/drivers from that first meeting.......someone's thinking ahead,good on ya!!!