Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PUKEKOHE

PUKEKOHE

I was all for this race track as it is but not after seeing tv3 sport on sunday.

World Champion
    For those of us not living i n NZ, and to quote a once famous or notorious Queensland politician, "Please Explain"

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    For those of us not living i n NZ, and to quote a once famous or notorious Queensland politician, "Please Explain"
    Please don't exclude resident Kiwi's from the list of those wishing for an explaination too

Sorry - I copied the URL from another website but it is way too long and doesn't paste.

Edited due to the comment below.

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135219
    Last edited by ERC; 10-15-2012 at 05:18 AM.

ERC, that link is not working, would be cool to know what Custaxie means though!

World Champion
    Try this link to see what is proposed, neutering the circuit in my opinion.

http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/asse...%20%283%29.pdf

Journeyman Racer
    What's "impact absorbing concrete barriers"? I thought the vehicle absorbed the impact and the barrier just sat there!

now now-oldfart and the rest of you know that they are slowing the track down on the back straight and over the hill so you ones with small ones can drive it,make it safe in some places but dont slow it down my wife says slow is best so are we going to have a lot of girls racing out there now.

Custaxie, I guess that many of us did not know that, certainly I didn't!

Not only that, the seating in both what is left of the stand (it's a bird shit covered disgrace) and on the hill is utterly rooted, and i don't think they will be replacing all that. Sorry but when things are left to go it takes too much to retrieve sometimes, and they will need more than 6 mill to fix it. Toilets (what are there) are knackered. If it rains well there goes the carparks. And last time i was in the pit area when it hosed down cars had to be jacked up to get out of water and gear quickly moved to higher ground, covers put over cars because the roof leaked like a siv. Sorry to be negative but it is not a easy fix, it has been left to rot too long.

Just looked at the link; well very neat, all track and pit, what about the spectator areas, looks like they stay a broken dirty discrace.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 10-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Just looked at the link; well very neat, all track and pit, what about the spectator areas, looks like they stay a broken dirty discrace.
    Yep, flash new corporate grandstand next to the pits, blocking existing sightlines of the back straight. The bridge over the start grid ruined sightlines from the hill stand and main grandstand years ago.

Nice new corporate area, the average punters can get stuffed. When are they going to learn, when are they going to show the punters some respect? The reason people stopped going to the Hamilton race was because it was a hassle, the viewing was poor (remember the first year when they sold a bunch of seats where they couldn't see the track at all?), and the overall experience was judged not good value for money. Pukekohe is now heading down the same path again.

Someone obviously has a silver tongue and the ability to utterly bullshit the Auckland Council - even with the hard evidence of Hamilton still plain for all (!!!!) to see.

Just shows how egos can get in the way of plain common sense.

What is the back straight going to look like if it is too fast for the V8 Supercars and requires extra corners. So much for being super.

I agree with the new bit on the back straight, as it gives a couple more corners and as long as they make it wide enough to pass going through there, it will bring some interesting moves. Other class's will benefit with the big bullies not being able to run away to far down the straight and give little fellas a chance to keep in contact. Always reckoned Puke was all about horsepower and 2 corners really, getting onto the hill properly for a run down front straight, and Champion sweeper to get into esse's for fast run onto back straight. More corners, more driving.
    Any way that may make some racing better, but poor old Joe Blow will sit on crap rusted broken seating in stand and other will stand up on the hill (can't sit because its all broke) and not be able to see diddly squat because of the bridges. The front straight one should have gone under the track. How much will the other cut out (looking at map, maybe brakeing point and maybe the hairpin)

Why not let the dopey ratepayers, myself included, pay for the upgrade so long as they don't stuff the place up with barriers too close. I was concerned about a return to the bad old days of those dreadful chicanes but asuming the proposal drawing is accurate Rod is right, another passing opportunity and will make the place much less of a power circuit.

Suit you Howard, just see you sneaking up the inside.
    Right Howard as long as the barriers are not too close and they have good run off/traps will make it a bit more exiciting.

Rod, Is H D any better? Where does the average joe blow get a decent seat at H D. Okay if in the corporte box, if not there is not much area for the spectator to sit.

so your thinking is hd and pukekohe are set up for tv.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    so your thinking is hd and pukekohe are set up for tv.
    I have similar thoughts and it does make sense these days as you sell advertising around TV time which reaches a bigger audiance than the numbers through the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Rod, Is H D any better? Where does the average joe blow get a decent seat at H D. Okay if in the corporte box, if not there is not much area for the spectator to sit.
    Correct, but not finished (don't know to your next question) and at least has toilets that ladies can go to comfortably. Think X amount of $'s would have given a better finished product at HD. Puke, the track will be great, but the public facilities are not there anymore. (been missing for about 20 years.) We are OK, just go and piss on the tree or behind the car.

I thought there was pretty decent viewing at HD from the area on the southern side of the hairpin, and also the stand beside turn 2 which gives a fair view of the straight leading in, the little jiggle and braking into the right hander. Of course there are few tracks where you can see lots of track anymore, thankfully as most of the ones where you could, by definition were pretty flat. (Or too long anyway to see)