Thread: PUKEKOHE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I tried to get hold of the organisers to see if bus parking was available at the circuit as I was intending to bring a bus load to the venue for Sunday. Had a collection of folks who were keen to go if we could have got parking at or very close but as yet have recieved no reply. I intend to go with one other now on sunday so they have one shot at my credit card. As Frosty5 has asked were's the train, or buses for that matter, from the south. It really does prove that NZ finished at the Bombay hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    I tried to get hold of the organisers to see if bus parking was available at the circuit as I was intending to bring a bus load to the venue for Sunday. Had a collection of folks who were keen to go if we could have got parking at or very close but as yet have recieved no reply. I intend to go with one other now on sunday so they have one shot at my credit card. As Frosty5 has asked were's the train, or buses for that matter, from the south. It really does prove that NZ finished at the Bombay hills.
    Thanks Allan, thought I was a lone voice down here.It is unbelievable that someone would sell something that cost $8 million and sell it for $1.25 mill. HD has the land, the track and at best would cost +/- $3 million to extend the track and purchase the gear from HCC. Where's the F@#$%^&g logic behind this deal. Take it or we'll take you to court and plead breach of contract. Is it any wonder we get P@#%^&d of with politicians - local or federal. What would $10 million have done for HD. Absolutely unbelievable. I ain't going as I will watch it at my local where the price of food and refreshments is a truckload cheaper.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I don't recall special trains buses etc from Auckland or anywhere else when the race was in Hamilton.

State and federal govt assistance in sport is very much a part of the Australian scene, but not so much in NZ. After the ripoffs that went on with the Hamilton Council you would hardly expect the Waikato Dist Council to be interested in supporting a Hampton Downs event. In any case, Messrs Roberts and Watson wouldn't be at all interested in selling their souls to a bunch of Australians just for one weekend's racing.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
    Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I don't recall special trains buses etc from Auckland or anywhere else when the race was in Hamilton.

State and federal govt assistance in sport is very much a part of the Australian scene, but not so much in NZ. After the ripoffs that went on with the Hamilton Council you would hardly expect the Waikato Dist Council to be interested in supporting a Hampton Downs event. In any case, Messrs Roberts and Watson wouldn't be at all interested in selling their souls to a bunch of Australians just for one weekend's racing.

Stu
    Stu,

Dont know if it continued but the first year at Hamilton there was an excursion train that left from Auckland, via Papakura etc and returned in the evening. It was complete with a bar and the whole train trip was a heap of fun. Pity it was impossible to see the race track without a grandstand ticket so we didn't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Wood View Post
    Stu,

Dont know if it continued but the first year at Hamilton there was an excursion train that left from Auckland, via Papakura etc and returned in the evening. It was complete with a bar and the whole train trip was a heap of fun. Pity it was impossible to see the race track without a grandstand ticket so we didn't go back.
    Don't feel you missed out - in year 1 many with grandstand seats couldn't see either.............