Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PUKEKOHE

You guys don't get it!! this is ONLY a one weekend a year race track!! if for the other 51 weekends others wish to take to this dinosaur track and destroy their vehicles, themselves, no matter what the conditions are, im sure the track owners and others involved couldn't even give a S^*T!!

Who do you think is having the last laugh here!!

Dale M

Actuallay who is getting the last laugh ??????.

Simple operation!
    Who is the man in charge at Puke???

Request (nicly) that the contractor comes back and remedies the drainage . (I would think even puke management would want that done, so that should be simple)

Dicide which concrete Barriers need removed (to make the place safer, from a health and saftey view). Puke then gets a hiab truck in for a day and removes the bloody things. They can be put back for the 1 meet a year which need them.

Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    Simple operation!
    Who is the man in charge at Puke???

Request (nicly) that the contractor comes back and remedies the drainage . (I would think even puke management would want that done, so that should be simple)

Dicide which concrete Barriers need removed (to make the place safer, from a health and saftey view). Puke then gets a hiab truck in for a day and removes the bloody things. They can be put back for the 1 meet a year which need them.
    Rodgered- you have put this beautifully with such simplicity.
    Now who is the person in authority-Car Club , or MSNZ or such duly endowed person who will go to this person in charge at Puke to get this corrected as soon as possible ?
    ANYONE PLEASE????????????

As Franklin Racing Club are the owners, then surely it must be up to them? As Kiwi Boss says, they are probably now happy with one weekend a year of massive subsidised income one way or another. If hirers stop hiring it for the rest of the year they might do something, but as far as I am aware, bookings for the future are just as solid as they ever were.

Whether those bookings are profitable for the promoting clubs with good race entries remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Rodgered- you have put this beautifully with such simplicity.
    Now who is the person in authority-Car Club , or MSNZ or such duly endowed person who will go to this person in charge at Puke to get this corrected as soon as possible ?
    ANYONE PLEASE????????????
    I am pretty sure all the issues you are talking about are currently being addressed. Except of course unforseen weather bombs like what occurred out there during the Honda one hour race. It was a pity so many went off as these guys were doing a sterling job in the conditions leading up to this race. I think there were eight off at the pin and two at turn two..(which wasnt a weather problem I'm told...) ......With regards, Tony.R.

Anyone know who will be running in the sport & Gt class this weekend at Puke.

It will be very wet, so no one most probably. Unless there is a class for jet boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    It will be very wet, so no one most probably. Unless there is a class for jet boats.
    So its a case of all hands to the pump,maybe puke fire station and some of the boys and girls who man it, may like to show how its done removing water from the track may only cost you one or two beers and a feed.

Not enough pumps today. Ute race cancelled. A bit of water on track would not go away for some reason .

Not enough pumps today. Ute race cancelled. A bit of water on track would not go away for some reason .
    Maybe they should have used that $20.000 of rate payers money on some way to fix this up.WHAT the hell is your Len Brown up to-$20.000 on a walk way around the water front of auckland,1km and 5 bullshit questions to answer whats going on up there with auckland today with this Len Brown.

Cant blame Len Brown for continuing unforseen weather bombs, only the track management for still not doing anything about the pooling water-see .speedcafe.co.nz/2013/05/25/udc-nz-v8-utes-opening-race-cancelled/ and #304 above
    "It is the third racing weekend in a row that the venue has been affected with standing water"- cant blame weather bombs for this .Serious drainage time needed.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 05-25-2013 at 07:38 PM.

John, you can blame Len Brown, because he was the tool that told everyone on the news with the Supercars announcement that Pukekohe would undergo a `massive' upgrade. All he has done - along with Tony Cochrane - has baffled everyone with bullshit, and bought in his big Lego set with its building blocks and tried to convince everyone that its `fixed'. Next time you drive around a subdivision, you`ll notice the drainage gets done first. They also usually dig the foundation footings before they put the roof on a new house. The fact that the Counties Racing Boards members average age is about 88, probably led to some dementia assisted decisions being agreed to as well.

Track management is the only one that CAN /WILL fix it, not Len Brown.
    Go to the people that actually can do something- not play the blame game.
    I hope they have good weather today -imagine a delegation of united Supertourer teams going to the Clerk of the Course demanding a course inspection if the track is dangerous with too much standing water.
    No one wants their valuable car wrecked or drivers hurt like Andrew Waite-who now cant drive today because of last weekend.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 05-25-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Track management is the only one that CAN /WILL fix it, not Len Brown.
    Go to the people that actually can do something- not play the blame game.
    I hope they have good weather today -imagine a delegation of united Supertourer teams going to the Clerk of the Course demanding a course inspection if the track is dangerous with too much standing water.
    No one wants their valuable car wrecked or drivers hurt like Andrew Waite-who now cant drive today because of last weekend.
    John, the clerk of course will only stop racing for safety reasons, this is after the fact as they know there is a balls up with the whole set up, and bet the boys don't get the entry fee back. It needs to be layed at Len Brown and his co horts feet and told 'you f&^$#d it, you fix it.

Other option is don't turn off motorway and continue south.

Steve the bodies of the horsey ones maybe 80 odd but their brains are way back in the dark ages and would put them around 5 centuries old.
    A bit of information to mull over, the horse racing industry uses 15 times the amount of fuel that motorsport does, so come on you world saving Greenies, lets picket the horsey's and leave the mine alone so we can have more steel which gives us more cars and may save the Falcon.

If the flooding is on the new section again, that section at lease has a bypass " route" (the old section) :}

Roger, they would have to reset their GPS 's in the utes and tourers, and this would take out a good corner to tag some one.

yeah you right, never thought of that.
    Last edited by rogered; 05-25-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Does anyone know if the V8ST at Puke is being televised live today. I thought TV 3 had the rights but comments from them indicate a sponsors hiccup whatever that means

Televised for transmission a week later. Doesn't worry me too much as it will probably be a better as a planned package.