Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: PUKEKOHE

Give Len Brown a ring on monday he knows best.

The proof of the pudding, so to speak, will be in the eating. So let's wait until the fat lady has sung before we get to the "I told you so".
    Len who?

I think you understand the meaning of what i said allan.

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Interesting time will tell ,Wellington was prety good,I guess some drivers need plenty of room.
    Always gave you plenty of room Jim, around 10 to 20 cars lengths.

In photos of new corner, is that a curb sticking up on inside. And where is the scaffold being built.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 03-16-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Rod I told you many times dont be so shy be more like Tony Autoshift.

Journeyman Racer
    thanks GPBK looks like the only change that i can see is the is the Bathurst like "chase" down the back straight? Also the left hander after the the hairpin at the end of the back straight looks to have been altered but maybe that was done after i left the country in 1989

You can just see it last lap last corner, slow car fast car like the way they run the nzv8s.

Lets hope they all have a steering wheel

So thats going to make it all right having that wall there Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Lets hope they all have a steering wheel
    They all have one, but don't seem to know how to use it, and seem to forget what the middle pedal is for. Suppose if you don't have a boat to throw $s at, give it to the panelbeater and panel supplier.

may be down that way shortly, might be worth a look to see the track and all the new toilets and seating for the public.

I have said before ,my first thought was take the bank back 2-3 mtrs. have a row tyres But now think{only my thought} it will be safer as the fast cars are doing over 100 miles an hour over there,I was in 5th at 130mph when a car came back off the grass,and was tee boned ,the speed differance caused by the two cars was so great to almost write mine off, .If and it will hapen like in the States all there crashes they are all going forward,also with the wall so close thats going to make the drivers take more care ,and will show up those who have faith in there driving.I really enjoyed the Wellington Street Race,inspite of having a car run me into the wall by not using his mirror,I was alongside the Lister in the rain when he drove head on into the wall ,got a suprise when he passed me soon after.I drove around Sandown recently one corner there is no beter than Rothmans.Time will tell as they say ,and to my mind this is the best corner in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    They all have one, but don't seem to know how to use it, and seem to forget what the middle pedal is for. Suppose if you don't have a boat to throw $s at, give it to the panelbeater and panel supplier.

may be down that way shortly, might be worth a look to see the track and all the new toilets and seating for the public.
    Rod I did a trip to the UK in 87 with the car club 96 of us I think the women enjoyed checking out the toilets more than the cars.

Thank God i dont pay rates in Auckland,This Len Brown likes to spend your rates $10 mill tripping around the world.Maybe he would like to put some more of your rates into puke to make that part of the track (wall) safe for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Thank God i dont pay rates in Auckland,This Len Brown likes to spend your rates $10 mill tripping around the world.Maybe he would like to put some more of your rates into puke to make that part of the track (wall) safe for everyone.
    Well the big day is all most here,i was looking at coming up this weekend for the 400 but i dont think so.The cost to get in and the cost to sit down its a joke,to see it i have to get sky its not on tv3.will give this one a miss.

I have been told Prime has some coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    I have been told Prime has some coverage.

3.00 to 4.30 and 5.30 to 7.00 Saturday and Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    3.00 to 4.30 and 5.30 to 7.00 Saturday and Sunday
    Thanks for that,will have a look see if it is on.

It will be interesting to see how the event turns out from a spectator perspective. Auckland Council have advised that there will be no car parking provided at the venue. They evidently expect that spectators will catch the train or bus to Pukekohe railway station and then walk the 1.5km to the track. There are some comments about parking available in the general area but this seems to be a private thing and no doubt there will be extensive parking restrictions in the vicinity of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the event turns out from a spectator perspective. Auckland Council have advised that there will be no car parking provided at the venue. They evidently expect that spectators will catch the train or bus to Pukekohe railway station and then walk the 1.5km to the track. There are some comments about parking available in the general area but this seems to be a private thing and no doubt there will be extensive parking restrictions in the vicinity of the track.
    Look at it this way more of this BS from Len Brown,first he tells you all up there to live in a little box,now he tells you take a train or bus to puke and walk 1.5km, go take a running jump who the hell wants to do that.If you are going to put a big metting on like this you have to put in place somewhere we can park the car. would there be a farmer down the back road of puke where you could park at a small cost to you and walk to the track.

Happy to spend my $ with Sky and at Hampton Downs. With what Len has put into Puke I'm not planning on spending any more there.