Thread: Roycroft 2013 - V8 Super cars

Question Roycroft 2013 - V8 Super cars

Looks as though we now have a date clash. Roycroft 2013 is down for April 13/14 at Hampton Downs and the Aussie V8s are at Pukekohe, just up the road, April 12/14th.

Will the Roycroft still go ahead on that date? Generally, the Motorsport Club (volunteer marshals etc) are flat out with Aussie V8s, so I doubt they'll be able to offer too much support.

Journeyman Racer
    The Roycroft meeting is the perfect foil for the V8SC's. It has style, class, a jazz band, good food and fantastic array of great old cars!
    The VCC members will man most of the volunteer posts, so once again no real clash there either. I hear there are plans for military vehicles, stationary engines and maybe even biplanes. Roll on 2013!

Totally agree, but my query is whether or not they'll have the experienced volunteers in key positions, such as race control? Last 2 years, race control was not staffed by VCC members.

Obviously, the VCC cars won't be at the V8s!

I believe it is now going to move back to Easter.

If there was a clash of dates I know for sure which one I would be attending. It would be absolutely, 'no contest'.