Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baypark Raceway, 67 to 95, RIP

Semi-Pro Racer
    It was on their Facebook page a while back that it was the original which they restored.
    I will ask them again about it now. Should not take long to get an answer.

this could be the prompt to start the transporter thread

Weekend Warrior
    Today, 08:16 PMTonyG
    It was on their Facebook page a while back that it was the original which they restored.
    I will ask them again about it now. Should not take long to get an answer. .

Boy... this could be another one of those "who owns the real thing".... "its a mock up".... "the real one had a philips head screw in the LH rear indicator"... sagas.

Yeah its the real thing, its not a replica.

Its the deal, got photos some where. There was more than one i think that were used to transport different cars around. The Bay Park one totally different cab and chassis etc.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Make of it what you want:
    Tony Growden posted to Bowden's Own Premium Car Care
    The ford truck you have to transport the Moffstang around when required - what is its history ? Is it the original Moffat one. I heard once that you had located it many years ago.
    Like · · 15 hours ago ·

Bowden's Own Premium Car Care : That's the one Tony, now back in its coca cola livery after time with John Goss and Bo Seton.

Thanks for that Tony, I knew Goss was linked in there somewhere.

Name:  74086.jpg
Views: 2553
Size:  46.9 KB

Thanks to www.autopics.com.au

Semi-Pro Racer

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow, colour photos of this car in Union Travel colours are REALLY rare! Thanks Rod. Did Moffat freight both his race car and transporter to NZ?

Thanks Ellis, those look similar to the ones posted on the nzmustangs site. They're just about the only ones I've seen before, other than a couple of publicity shots. I think the car only raced in these colours twice, at Bay Park and Wigram.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Does anyone know who "Old Baypark" is on Facebook ?
    It doesn't particularly bother me personally but they have just posted a heap of photos including Ellis's from above, on their page.
    I would hope that it does not mean that some of our Pro Photographers and others who have graciously granted us access to their memories here, decide to withdraw this access. It is what makes this site so great.
    Last edited by TonyG; 02-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Looked again and got the sh.ts and started posting credits to all the people here that the photos belong to. I posted a couple and they got removed. I will just keep posting credits until I get banned. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    Looked again and got the sh.ts and started posting credits to all the people here that the photos belong to. I posted a couple and they got removed. I will just keep posting credits until I get banned. lol
    Hi Tony,

Don't know who he is either, but i did get in touch with facebook, though there online help, and asked them to remove my images
    from this user's page, it took a couple of e-mails & a day - but they were happy to do it.

see below.......

Hi Martin,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We have removed or disabled access to the third-party or user-generated content (photo) you have reported to us for violating our Statement of Rights & Responsibilities. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

However, based on your statement "if appears most of these photos have been ripped off from other websites," while we appreciate your concern, please note that in order to process a notice of infringement we need a report from someone authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner. Please forward this to the rights holder and ask them to review http://www.facebook.com/legal/copyri...p?howto_report.

If you have any further questions, please visit the Intellectual Property section of our Help Center at the following address:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=439

Hi

What a fabulous website - thank you all for making it so interesting.

As part of a sim racing team making free content for computer games like GTL and GTR2, I have been researching Dekon Monzas to put into the game (see 2nd image below) and have found a decal that I cannot recreate because the images I have are too small.

It's clearly something to do with Messrs Pierce and Hanna (see photo below); does anyone have a bigger view of this sticker that I can use to recreate it?

Keep up the great work and thanks in advance!

Name:  DeKon1005_AllanMoffat-1975.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  89.8 KBName:  GTR2 2012-05-06 16-25-32-20.jpg
Views: 2071
Size:  23.3 KB

Semi-Pro Racer

Beechey

Name:  Beechey Nova 1a.jpg
Views: 2051
Size:  148.1 KBName:  Beechey Monaro 1a.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  140.1 KB

Pays to have another look some times, just noticed in first page #20 the Firestone truck, that was me back then. Good little truck that one towed a couple of cars around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

I reckon the Transporter photo in post #47 was a F500 Series unit owned by Formoco (Lot 6) that Moffat had use of. I believe the Goss Transporter was a "maybe half sister" of the Moffat unit (above), I spent many hours packing and travelling miles in this truck as a kid when I was cleaning sumps and floors at AMR in the early 70's. The original tray back body from the Moffat truck is still in Melbourne with one of Mick Webb's crew that looks after Bill Pye's TCM Camaro.

Semi-Pro Racer
    My brother has just come back from NZ and rescued these from a box at mums.
    Not the best quality now but at least saved for posterity.

Last edited by TonyG; 05-18-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer

Last edited by TonyG; 06-21-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer