Thread: Hey from Arkansas, USA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior

Hey from Arkansas, USA

Hello All,
    I found this site accidentally while searching for about the Aloha Bobby and Rose Camaro (I’m gathering parts for a tribute car). Looking at this place a bit deeper I realized that I had found a pretty cool place. I grew up in the 1960’s/70s following endurance, CAN AM and TRANS AM. I felt like I lost a friend when I heard of Bruce McLaren’s untimely death.
    Living in the land of cheap horsepower it was easy to put together “hopped up” street cars. Power with an attempt at handling was what I typically tried to accomplish. Corvettes and Camaros were the cars I usually butchered (according to collectors). Fortunately my wife also believes performance cars are a starting point and are improved by modifications.
    The green Camaro was supposed to be my starting point for my ABAR tribute project. My wife decided that she wanted a car with a 6-71 so out came the 383/five speed combo and in went a 406/turbo 400. I built the engine to be a street/strip lump and other than fuel consumption it’s exceeded my expectations.
    The blue Camaro was my birthday present from my wife. It’ was an abandoned frame off resto project. I parked the original engine and put together a 406/TKO 600 combo for this one. I’ve been taking a bit of grief for my modifications to this one but the difference between driving a stocker and mildly modified car is like night and day. I relocated the upper control arm mounts (Guldstrand mod), put in an IROC p/s box, solid body mounts, frame connectors and a few other simple tricks. On 17 inch wheels with Kumhos it doesn’t feel like a vintage car anymore but I do like the look of the 15 inch wheels.

Thanks to all of you for this great place to enjoy my favorite kinds of cars.

Kerry in Arkansas
    Attached Images Attached Images