Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Matamata Round the houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Desard View Post
    Yes you are correct must be my grey hair thanks for the correct details. The day I raced at Puke near the end of back straight an Austin A90 or A110 come passed me on its roof.
    Desard,

sent you a private message - through the - Private Message function on your profile on TRS,
    Cheers
    Roger

Roger Dowding, I had seen the pic before, but was curious about the comment of no rear doors, and how it was achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Roger Dowding, I had seen the pic before, but was curious about the comment of no rear doors, and how it was achieved.
    Rhys, I had posted the photo on the thread about Grasstrack racing in the Waikato.. car seems to have backdoors, but maybe welded shut like some cars were in the day..
    Seems " Desard " was confused though from a comment.
    Would like to see more of the car, photos that is !!.

Cheers

Interestingly
    My cousin when in the UK late 1960;s had the luxury Standard, from the 8 and 10 range - the Pennant with " Standrive ", some very basic type of semi-automatic transmission. Said it wasn't that good - the transmission, later he got a Triumph Herald,

My first car in 1966 was a Standard 8, later sold in 1967 to a person in Hamilton who repowered it with a Herald unit. Then I built one for the VCC saloon class that I tried to get going.Name:  Standard at Chelsea 4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  112.5 KB Photo Keith Humphreys.