Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Book Review - Petrolheads In Sheds

Hi Steve I know its the book, I brought it myself ,from Paper Plus

Thats the safest thing to do, just so you know what you're getting.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post

Sensible man - the best way to ensure that you get what you want.

Only 4 more days to go, and I can have a look at my book Steve.

fck... now I have to buy another book for Christmas!!!!

and I only just snuck through one on WW2 plane cockpits deliciously photographed in full colour in the smithsonian collection!!

damn you Steve.....

ps: I have a few more DVD's for you.... heh

Awesome collection. I'm jealous!!!

Hi Darren I wouldn't be jealous!!!You can only do justice to one thing at a time,some people do funny things in search of acceptance,Name:  model db5 2.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  52.9 KB
    My motto is (If you cannot achieve great things,do small things great ) Markson
    Last edited by markson; 12-22-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: 671

Is that the build it yourself part works magazine Aston?

Hi faminz Yes it is .It is a terrific model, and a great project to build.Pleasure per $$$ beats the real thing

Markson
    Last edited by markson; 12-22-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: 121

One more night to go!!!. Markson

As a motor trimmer of 38 years, I would love to see the work done on the inside-detail of seats, door panels etc-any chance of a close up please?

Hi John People around the world have undertaken some amazing modes to this model, building them up to an amazing standard,as a model there are some things that are just not correct, like the seat that are just a black plastic molding, so some people, including myself have covered the seats in leather, and things like the dash top and door panels,fitted carpet and hood lining Name:  seat base.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  54.7 KB

Here is a photo of what I am doing with my seats at the present Regards Markson

I'd like to see hand stitched leather (full grain) in 1:43 scale. Who's up for the challenge ?

Hi John People around the world have undertaken some amazing modes to this model, building them up to an amazing standard,as a model there are some things that are just not correct, like the seat that are just a black plastic molding, so some people, including myself have covered the seats in leather, and things like the dash top and door panels,fitted carpet and hood lining Name:  seat base.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  54.7 KB

Here is a photo of what I am doing with my seats at the present Regards Markson

You are so lucky you can turn the car over to fit the hood lining, I could be so lucky!!!

Hi Bruce The model 1:8 scale, 2 ft long and its weight is about 9 KGS Markson

John MC. Do you have the real thing??? Markson

I have done hood linings on the real thing.Generally hood linings that glue to roofs require upside down work. I have many real things in my workshop, but no Astons.

That looks very impressive, nice work. One of my favorite cars since seeing James Bond movies.
    Is that a "Superleggera" batch on the bonnet ?

Hi Bruce The model 1:8 scale, 2 ft long and its weight is about 9 KGS Markson

Hi Bruce Yes it is the "Superleggera" badge on the bonnet. Markson