Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yup, the chain-smoking is annoying. I walked out of Friday afternoon planning meetings in the early 1980's, as I couldn't stand the smoke from the others.

The steam from the exhaust is one of my pet hates too. Having watched them filming for 4 hours next door, for what was a 30 second scene in 'Blue Rose', I'm not surprised that vehicles never get warm. (I hope the UK crews are a bit more efficient and cost effective than the NZ crew.)

I am still spending the evenings adding names and cars to the list, which is a fascinating if long winded exercise. There must be cars that changed hands several times over the years but I have no way of linking them. Then there are also drivers who seem to turn up or drive a different car at each event.

Just a couple of samples from the events list. The missing info is usually because it was missing from the programme or I haven't yet found a photograph to cross reference the colour. In pre computer days and handwritten entry forms, mistakes were not unheard of either.

Name:  XK 120.JPG
Views: 778
Size:  23.0 KB

Name:  Tony Roberts.JPG
Views: 832
Size:  24.7 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 03-09-2017 at 08:51 AM.