Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
In Australia when drivers complete their documentation they are issued with a wristband (similar to one put on you if you are admitted to hospital-one that is not easily removed and reattached). These wristbands are checked on the dummy grid.
We are the "Wild West" of motorsport here in NZ, having raced in Australia I've seen how strict, take no shit and organized they are, you have a wrist ban(as rf48 says) when you go to drivers briefing they mark the ban, when you grid up for practice/qualifying the grid marshal checks that your wrist ban has been marked as he then knows you have attended drivers briefing, not marked you don't go out, they do a double loop ban so it sticks out from under your race glove. In NZ if you skip driver briefing, who cares....... In so many areas of Australian motorsport they are so much more organized, the detail in their drivers briefing is amazing. At Queensland AASA events we even had one way ear communication pieces so the COC can talk while racing(everyone can hear) hence as I rounded turn two at QR a call came though "caution, caution car on fire turn 3" so I instantly knew what I was coming up on, a fantastic system, but there is so much more other detailed they do to make sure everyone is safe and the event flows, and I haven't even got into Vehicle eligibility yet(another day).

When I had the Aussies Trans Am guys over recently, the new additions were stunned at how laxed it all was and how unprofessional the organizing was in general, they couldn't believe what we got away with, and situations such as yours John is part of the a overall problem, but alas nothing will change so we just gotta make the most of what we have before we've all had enough.