Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    John - the #1511 post was at scrutineering for Ardmore, January 1989. A trick of the light with the red wing!

Name:  189_0127_141.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  165.9 KB

Rhys - I'm afraid that Donington has effectively been ruined with the fencing from a paying spectator/photographer's perspective - and I'm a bit rusty on what spectator access is these days, but I'd suggest that corner 1 (Redgate) from the outside gives a view of the start/finish line and the sweep through Craner Curves.

From there, you can walk clockwise round the circuit to Coppice. When I last went, the weather was dreadful, but there was a track crossing around the start line area and I managed to poke a camera through a gap in the fencing at the last corner, as there was no-one else around vying for a spot!

You could also get a reasonable view of the Craner Curves from the inside. I think there has been a fair bit of tree felling in recent years, so there might be more good viewing from the inside around Starkey's Bridge.

Name:  214_0607_343 Cooper Monaco.JPG
Views: 724
Size:  95.6 KB

What date is your Prescott as we may well try for that, though it is a fair distance away for us?

We may also revisit the Coventry Transport Museum, midweek between May 18th and June 1st and would welcome a peek behind the scenes in the storage area if that can be arranged!

Someone asked at an MGCC dinner/club meeting last night what I did with so many pics - knowing that family wasn't at all interested, so I told them about 'The Roaring Season', so we might get a few more viewers/contributors.
    Last edited by ERC; 04-27-2017 at 02:32 AM.