Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
Your picture from 1971 Brands Hatch, i wonder if this is the same car at Taupo this Year. Travelled with the English F1 contingent.
At Taupo this year I had the pleasure of chatting with a gentleman in a wheel chair who was looking at Bretts car and his wife mentioned he had worked for Surtees on F5000s, so I took them nex door in the pits and introduced them too the now owner. The look on his face when he saw the Surtees was unbelievable and after discussion It was the car he worked on and he burst into tears, it was an amazing moment to witness, and all those years coming back. They spent a while talking and was great to think history meeting again.
I believe that this kind of meeting is what we all do this for and why we love these special cars, as every one of them has and is something special and a part of some persons and in most cases alot of peoples life.
Rod,
That is a wonderful story and I can relate to all the memories coming back.

Ray, thanks for all that you post and I will miss your inputs hopefully not for long and wishing you safe travels.
That 1971 photo you took of Mike Hailwood at Brands Hatch in the Surtees TS8 (005) is the same car that he drove in the 1972 Tasman Series.
Name:  Mike Hailwood. Pukekohe. 1972.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  40.4 KB
(Sergent collection ) (Mike Hailwood. Surtees TS8. Finishing 2nd at Pukekohe. Jan. 8. 1972 )

(Ken Hyndman )