Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Petersen Museum on the edge of Hollywood has been on my bucket list for a couple of years and I finally managed it, but, staying at the Marriott at LAX, getting there (and back) was a mission, which seemed to swallow up most of the day.

I know that some of you aren't keen on museums and I understand the reasons and they do vary. Brooklands for example, is one of the most interesting, but so cramped, that many cars are almost wheel to wheel, a narrow roped off passageway corridor denying access to anything but the very front, so decent photographs are almost impossible.

Caistor Museum in Norfolk has the most amazing range of vehicles - but photography is not allowed.

Donington is a pale shadow of what it once was, and so on.

The Petersen Museum is worlds apart from any of the others on several counts. The vehicles on display are well spaced and 360 degree access is possible for well over half of them. For those who like to see any real patina of age, you'd be disappointed, as just about all are in concours condition. This is almost a museum of cars as art.

The museum contains several personal collections and also has a cellar vault, containing another 100 or so vehicles, which I may visit in the future, but as no photography is allowed, less of an interest to me, regardless of what is in there.

The exterior of the building is very impressive and if you are fans of the Ho-Ho buses, (HopOn-HopOff), stop #10 on the red route from Hollywood.

Name:  217_0706_009.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  113.9 KB

These exhibits are in the foyer! Seniors access to the three floors was a very, very, reasonable $12US.
    Name:  217_0706_010 Ford.JPG
Views: 661
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  217_0706_011 McLaren.JPG
Views: 648
Size:  125.7 KB

Their Bugatti project.
    Name:  217_0706_014.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  217_0706_016.JPG
Views: 676
Size:  117.6 KB

Mercer
    Name:  217_0706_017.JPG
Views: 673
Size:  113.9 KB

Last edited by ERC; 07-10-2017 at 08:53 PM.