Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name:  220_1213_151 Ford.JPG
Views: 281
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  220_1213_194 Porsche.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  108.2 KB

There are some cars where the colour schemes are photogenic, like these two.

Steve O'Donoghue - Mirage
    Name:  220_1213_266 Mirage.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  110.6 KB

Michael Clark - Crossle
    Name:  220_1213_277 Crossle.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  116.9 KB

At this time of the year, I traditionally update my back ups and make an effort try and file all those pics still in limbo, old stuff recently scanned awaiting dates, and/or those pics where I can't identify the car.

As I've said before, I kept a diary from 1964, but my ex-wife nicked the 1969/1970 diaries and from then on, I didn't bother again until about 1990. So pics taken between 1968 and 1990 are often the difficult ones to file. Non race meeting dates are the most difficult, as there is no race programme!

Leafing through old diaries, occasionally there is a Eureka moment when I can fix a stray car pic, such as one taken outside J A Pearce wheels in Hounslow, showing a Ford Mustang, which they have asked to reproduce, I believe for a display at Silverstone.
    Last edited by ERC; 01-03-2021 at 10:05 PM.

If someone could access the data in the picture I might find out I didn't take the photo...

That's always a possibility.

Semi-Pro Racer
    The photo is obviously in Sydney and it would be the LEADFOOTS lunch. These lunches were started for Lotus Elite owners / drivers and associated persons. This one would be when Sir John Whitmore came out to race an Elite and Lotus Cortina at Eastern Creek for the Tasman revival Meeting. I recognize five or six people in the room. I don't think this shot should be in this thread though.
    Dale.

Originally posted by Dale Harvey
    The photo is obviously in Sydney and it would be the LEADFOOTS lunch. These lunches were started for Lotus Elite owners / drivers and associated persons. This one would be when Sir John Whitmore came out to race an Elite and Lotus Cortina at Eastern Creek for the Tasman revival Meeting. I recognize five or six people in the room. I don't think this shot should be in this thread though.
    Dale.
    I tend to agree, Dale, however I posted it in response to the comment by ERC about finding or dating pics...

Your post, though, has helped me date it and prove it wasn't mine. Brian Caldersmith sent it to me to post on TNF on the occasion of Sir John Whitmore's death. It was accompanied by a couple of others, one a portrait painted by Brian and Brian sent this pic too, Sir John along with John and Chris Barber.

The occasion was Brian's last visit to the UK, he writes that they had not met in 30 years, "You need to know about 1960s racing (and Jazz) to understand the significance."

"Here we are in a pub outside London (Potters Bar) with Warren King, a long term Lotus employee."

I'm sure ERC would appreciate that one now he's mentioned Chris Barber in this thread.

And the 'Leadfoots' gathering was about the time of the 2006 Tasman Revival meeting.
    Last edited by Ray Bell; 01-05-2021 at 01:17 AM.