Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
Oh dear. Handed over my ten quid - somewhat reluctantly I might add - for Donington Museum. Having been a regular visitor since it opened in the mid 1970's. I left with a very heavy heart indeed.

For years, I have suggested that kiwis and other overseas visitors should make a point of visiting. Unless you are a devout McLaren, Williams or Force India fan, and maybe interested in Vanwalls and BRMs, what what was a 100% interesting museum, has now dropped to probably 25% of what it was.

Out of the five halls, two are for Kevin's military vehicles, (not for me) one hall is mainly McLaren, one mainly Williams and other modern F1 cars, leaving just one hall of slightly older single seaters - and even that is padded out with a Lotus Elan, MG and a 1927 Salmson...

So many cars gone and just 1 Lotus, 1 Ferrari no Coopers at all. Also gone, the Derby Maserati, Tec Mec, F500's, Ferguson, Porsches, one of the V16 BRM's - even the P25 BRM wasn't there, Cisitalia gone and the list goes on, and on.

So sad. Military and F1 or single seaters is not a good mix.

Name:  218_0828_036 Williams.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  99.9 KB
I visited there in 2013 and luckily I just walked straight in. No one to collect money. I would not have been happy if I had paid. I am in Italy at the moment and just visited both Ferrari museums. I came away disappointed.
Hopefully the weather will be good in England and Goodwood will be great.
Dale.