Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=ERC;20292]This was taken at a Silverstone test session, probably 1976, but I am really not sure, as I do have a pic taken in 1977 at the British F1 GP, so it might even be early 1977. Accurately dating pics from sessions like this is almost impossible as I wasn't keeping a diary from 1970 to 1990!

Name:  176_ Not Sure 004.jpg
Views: 6530
Size:  101.4 KB

If I have done this right, only the photo of the 1976 DeCadenet Lola based Le Mans car will remain!

Photo is us testing various bodywork variations before the 1976 Le Mans race which is of course in June, so the photo will date from around April or May 1976. The final bodywork for that year was the long tail/ short nose variation with the wing mounted much lower than shown but incorporating those high cockpit sides.
    Frankly the car was a bit of a pig but after all but one (the winning one) works Martini Porsches failing, all the works Renaults burning pistons and with our DFV engined car stopping only for scheduled stops (and going twice the distance between fuel stops than the turbos) we bought the old girl in 3rd overall in 1976.
    Last edited by Howard Wood; 11-12-2012 at 02:16 AM.