Just as an aside (not pics), wading through a mountain of old paperwork, mainly old sprint and hillclimb results from the UK, I came across a few gems contained within old Nottingham Sports Car Club paperwork, that I rescued from the bonfire when we cleared out what had been the full time club office for many years and which I had never read before.

1) In 1970, the principal guest at the annual Dinner/Dance would be Max Mosley.

2) Full membership was 446 and associate membership was 493.

3) During the 1971 season, all entry fees (for race meetings) would be retained, but at the end of the season, those competitors who had attended 8 or more NSCC meetings (note: they were a very active club!) would receive a cheque for the return of their entry fees, (less 10/- per meeting for the benevolent fund) for all those meetings when they had started in the race(s) for which their entries had been accepted.

On a slightly different tack, back in 1959, for the 2nd August a total of 890 pounds starting money was paid, plus prize money of 678 pounds!

One Jim Clark, running the Lister Jag and the Lotus Elite was paid 75GBP start money and picked up prize money of 15GBP for 2nd (to John Whitmore) in the Series Production cars race and 25GBP for 2nd in the over 1201cc sport cars.

What is even more interesting is that top starting money of 100 was paid to Brian Naylor (Ferrari/Maserati), 60 to Tim Parnell and 50 to Ian Raby (2 cars).