Thread: "Production Supercars" of the late 70's/early 80's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes Veens car is the Francevic car (I always think of it as the Lendich car - may have been the sponser). John Popes XC (it originally started life as an XA (had the GT front etc (may have even been a GT) was sold to a guy in Thames (I think) who was going to turn it back into a road car but I'm not sure if that ever happened. Wes Kidby started racing in a XBGT sedan but the power was slightly to much for him so he stepped down to the XU1 to acclimatise himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellum View Post
    Yes Veens car is the Francevic car (I always think of it as the Lendich car - may have been the sponser). John Popes XC (it originally started life as an XA (had the GT front etc (may have even been a GT) was sold to a guy in Thames (I think) who was going to turn it back into a road car but I'm not sure if that ever happened. Wes Kidby started racing in a XBGT sedan but the power was slightly to much for him so he stepped down to the XU1 to acclimatise himself.
    I was cruising though trade me the other week and there was an coupe for sale.
    My first thought was that it looked abit like John Popes.
    Not sure if its still on there as i cannot seam to find it.