Thread: Early O.S.C.A saloons, 1971-75 era, any pics out there b/w or colour?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow, Ian, thanks so much for posting these. What a stunning piece of kit! Is that the engine bay of the Cortina its fitted into?
    No sorry Steve the Cortina ute was 2.5L v6 powered. The Weslake headed Chev was used in the Roy Granger speedway Monza as discussed by Paul Kirk. Paul claimed to have a soft spot for this motor which was a bit of an understatment. To stand in PK's dyno room and put my hand on this engine while it is under full load at 6500 rpm was a feeling I will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    No sorry Steve the Cortina ute was 2.5L v6 powered. The Weslake headed Chev was used in the Roy Granger speedway Monza as discussed by Paul Kirk. Paul claimed to have a soft spot for this motor which was a bit of an understatment. To stand in PK's dyno room and put my hand on this engine while it is under full load at 6500 rpm was a feeling I will never forget.
    Thanks Ian. I thought this was the motor that was also used in the Bellis Cortina? Thats the Cortina I was referring to when I asked what engine bay that was. Or am I talking about a completely different engine?