Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the racing is over, and the car is now resting in my garage.
    I drove it into the same place as it was standing for all this time, yet now it is what I could only imagine and convince myself it would be
    Somebody who is close and knows what i have been through with the Monaro has just said this to me-

Apart from the immense feeling of satisfaction it must have been a somewhat surreal sensation owning, restoring and finally driving an actual childhood dream.

Yes, it is exactly what he says.
    The dream hasnt finished, the surreal- unreal, fantastic- part is that I now own and have driven my actual childhood dream.
    A car is a car when you can start it up and drive it,

you turn it on and it returns the favour

All the restoration work was never ever part of my dream
    Bruce will feel the same when he does the same in his Firebird.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-15-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    the racing is over, and the car is now resting in my garage.
    I drove it into the same place as it was standing for all this time, yet now it is what I could only imagine and convince myself it would be
    Somebody who is close and knows what i have been through with the Monaro has just said this to me-

Apart from the immense feeling of satisfaction it must have been a somewhat surreal sensation owning, restoring and finally driving an actual childhood dream.

Yes, it is exactly what he says.
    The dream hasnt finished, the surreal- unreal, fantastic- part is that I now own and have driven my actual childhood dream.
    A car is a car when you can start it up and drive it,

you turn it on and it returns the favour

All the restoration work was never ever part of my dream
    Bruce will feel the same when he does the same in his Firebird.
    You are so right John, Knowing what is waiting at the end drives the restorations. You have done a phenomenal job.
    You deserve all the kudos that comes your way.

Bruce.