Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Clever boy! the middle one. On the right of pic is Murray Kelman with super trick brake ducting, not sure of the Mini.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Austin Prattley in Cooper S
    Don't think so, Murray & I would have had trouble catching Prattley, more likely one of the Invercargill lads, that pic would have been taken at one of the 1969 club meetings.

One of those meetings where your entry fee was refunded at documentation prior to tech inspection and then your points/placings were tallied up for the day and prize money paid out before you went home, you see back then the clubs realised that without cars and drivers they actually had nothing to get the public to come and watch, plus we/I raced in the overalls we wore to work on Friday and the car only had to have a fire extinguisher- no roll cage ( I did put one in that Anglia, probably one of the first to have one in a road car, no WOF issues with fitting it! ) -No COD- no trailer- no pit crew- no rain tires etc- that Anglia was my only source of daily transport and that thought of having to go back to a pushbike to work was not pleasant, so I/We tended to drive with that in mind... although I suspect there are still a few armchair experts around who would suggest that I tended to test those boundaries at times!
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 01-04-2016 at 09:18 PM.