Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Attachment 26425
    Attachment 26426.
    Time for an update on a cold wet day-
    Said earlier that motor was almost ready and carbs being checked by Rob Brown
    Now engine is complete and goes to Marsh next week for starting, running in and dynoing.
    Many thanks to Mark Wade for this, started with a bare block, and new crank
    You will seen him recently on the Win a Monaro video and is a total Chev man- runs a small block sprint car
    When I get the motor back, bell housing, clutch all get mated and fit to front cross member. Body then lowered down to get correct fit then measured for tuned headers.
    Diff housing also goes to Dennis Running for assembly- all new insides.
    Very nice John, a lot of us appreciate the work you are putting in and for me personally, im looking forward to seeing you out on the track in the Monaro(were it should be)

Dale M

Semi-Pro Racer
    Attachment 26425
    Attachment 26426.
    Now engine is complete and goes to Marsh next week for starting, running in and dynoing.
    You will seen him recently on the Win a Monaro video and is a total Chev man- runs a small block sprint car
    When I get the motor back, bell housing, clutch all get mated and fit to front cross member. Body then lowered down to get correct fit then measured for tuned headers.
    Wow, what a beauty. Almost looks too good to put in a car.

Nice story about the GM Monaro restoration on TV3 news last night (not online unfortunately).

Indeed they were all hot rodders at heart. Fast Furious and Shiny (FFS)

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Indeed they were all hot rodders at heart. Fast Furious and Shiny (FFS)
    Thanks for the explanation of FFS, Bruce, didn't think Jack meant what the txt generation mean.

imho the last modern car that looked drool-worthy under the bonnet was the 1996 XJS
    Name:  Jaguar-XJS_1996_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  99.0 KB

although it would look even better with 6 Webers.
    Name:  MorrisMinorJagV12_zps2dc61208.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  82.8 KB
    Last edited by Bryan; 10-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Quick, change the sparkplugs !

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for the explanation of FFS, Bruce, didn't think Jack meant what the txt generation mean.

imho the last modern car that looked drool-worthy under the bonnet was the 1996 XJS
    Name:  Jaguar-XJS_1996_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg
Views: 1531
Size:  99.0 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Quick, change the sparkplugs !
    iirc the Ferrari 512BB required the H12 engine to be removed to change the plugs.

World Champion
    I told everyone over here that this Morrie is so quick that it burnt all the paint off on re-entry ! ( It must be a real rocket ! )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 10-20-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Bryan-Do you seriously think Oldfart will let your Morris Minor (#521) run in his pre-61 historic class- looks scrumptious with all those Webers
    I'd love to know who's Minor it is. The photo was posted on a NZ Hot Rod forum. Definitely would need a front suspension upgrade , and the usual trick of pinching the dics brakes off a Marina might need a rethink.

Bryan-Do you seriously think Oldfart will let your Morris Minor (#521) run in his pre-61 historic class- looks scrumptious with all those Webers
    Sadly I am running out of enthusiasm for this class. Heaps of wannabees and a few cars have been acquired and prepared, but even they don't reply to emails about a race meeting where they have been invited to run. Might be a bit of a damp squib.

Attachment 26425
    Attachment 26426.
    Hi John, are those "the Webers"?

Here are the latest photos from John. Some good progress being made here. The sides are just about complete and its time to work on the underside.

Thanks Mike.
    Yep still hoping to get it to Ganley Festival.
    Bottom will be done next week, then back on wheels to paint interior then off for cage.
    Ganley? Ganley is just under 2 months away John!!

Dale M

The car is not sitting in the corner of the garage with the owner saying-" One day Im gunna.........."
    You got my respect John because we got a country full of "GUNNA's"

Dale M

Yes John, your build is coming along nicely and the donk is looking the goods....... tho for all of us following the build I'm sure we would like to see a YouTube video of it's first fire up or maybe it's second

********* keep the updates & pic's coming**********

AL
    Last edited by AL the Jeepster; 12-13-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    although it would look even better with 6 Webers.
    Name:  MorrisMinorJagV12_zps2dc61208.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  82.8 KB
    And I thought I was 'out there' when I built a Hi-light Morrie with a 383ci Wedge Block....... 6 Webers is way cooler

John - you are a marvel - you never fail to amaze me with your 'get on and get it done' attitude. We will all be keeping our fingers crossed but fully realize the pressure you are working under. Don't give yourself a hernia though.

The bonus is you have the Falcon to play in, and can finish Monaro properly in time. You have done marvels already, just take it as it comes cobber. Looking forward to seeing car and yourself.

Very sorry to hear that John.

Well I not much use to you John boy, lifting well off the list for me. Will call you and will drop in if I get away, just gotta wait and see.

Cheers

Rod- sounds like we should have a working bee of supporters. Would you be OK for carrying sausages and drinks around?
    I am up to lifting a knife to cut the Apricot slice.
    Shano- thanks mate, really wanted to get the Monaro out for everyone to enjoy , but didnt damage myself on my car, it was a customers Triumph Stag
    Those POM cars can bite you so be careful John, LOL

Dale M