Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
After the last race on Sunday it was time to load the Monaro and head on out.
Name:  DSCN9407.JPG
Views: 1096
Size:  134.0 KB

On Monday morning as we headed toward Auckland we decided to visit Morrinsville in the chance we might meet Spinner Black who was not able to make it to Taupo. When that was decided, John and Bruce kindly let me guide them through the back roads to Kiwitahi where I made an emotional stop outside my old home next to the "Swap / Hyndman Quarry". I don't know why the old 1940s garage is still standing as it was a problem when I left in 1972 ! Kenny's bedroom window is the one marked above the Audi. Anyway I did appreciate the stop. Thanks guys.
Name:  DSCN9408 - Copy.JPG
Views: 1122
Size:  154.0 KB

Then we drove on into Morrinsville to Spinner's boatyard and he came to meet us. It was a great experience seeing one of the "Grand Old Masters" of NZ Muscle Cars light up and show so much interest in the car and John's wonderful restoration to the original " Cambridge Racing Team" Monaro.
Here are some photos of our time with Spinner. One even showing the Police showing a lack of interest in probably the fastest car in town that day !
Name:  20150101_071319.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  94.9 KB
Bruce Thompson, John McKechnie and Spinner Black

Name:  20150101_070151.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  91.1 KB

Hyndman is all smiles as I am reaching into Spinner's back pocket for the overtime pay he owed me from 1971 ! (Just kidding.)
Name:  DSCN9417 - Copy.JPG
Views: 1065
Size:  157.9 KB

Good to see the police keeping an eye on you guy's, they must have long memorie's or still have wanted poster's up.