Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

Paints all sorted by looks of things, I was thinking of the Cambridge cig packets [Ken yr onto it] that's where the true colours came from I would think , must be something on the net .... any way all sorted & guess John went down that track ....well done John

Well said John, beaut day in Tauranga ............enjoy the long weekend

It's really starting to look good now John - it's pretty exciting seeing colour going on. Congratulations on the work done so far.

Hey John Boy, you have cracked it. Remember way back (years) on a visit when you said you to me ' come and look at this' as you took me over and lifted the cover and told me what it was, and I can remember thinking 'holy F*&k there is not much left of that ole girl', but mate you are a Gem.

Here is part of the unveiling - will look a million dollars when all of the other bits get added over time.

Last edited by kiwi285; 06-14-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Outstanding effort John!

Will you be fitting a rear spoiler to it John?

Its all about the details John. The car is going to look amazing!

I only just noticed you have reverted back to the factory location for the fuel filler. I know you were at pains making the decision on where it should be. What made you go that direction in the end?

Yeah tough call John, and I wouldn't have wanted to have made the decision. Under Schedule K you MIGHT have got away with it. Its a fairly minor thing, but it was the relocated fuel filler that suggested the link between the car on TM, and the Cambridge Monaro.

But, as you rightly say, you're trying to freeze the cars history to one specific point in time, and in late 1969, that car still had its fuel filler in the factory location.

World Champion
    John,
    I remember reading this in a NZ Classic Car magazine in Dec. 2008.
    "Name:  Spinner # 2.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  116.4 KB "

"A Field Filler ! "

You can certainly answer that last question now.
    Congratulations and please take care of her until we can have that beer under the hood !

(Ken Hyndman )

Semi-Pro Racer
    * A beautiful "pair'' of cross-ram webers... * ?? did that mean two DCOE webers on an adapter on top of a 4bbl intake.... I had the impression it was four DCOE's on the likes of a proper cross-ram manifold or similar...??
    Probably an over excited journo with wrong words.

Here are the latest batch of photos of John's Monaro

Looks amazing! Great work John.

Hi John, great work. An inspiration. If you want to sell the Webers back to me, I need them for the Monza!

It looks fantastic and has come such a long way from the first photos posted. I was wondering if the front sway bar is on upside down for a specific reason as the step is usually down and on the passengers side to clear bottom radiator hose?

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemonza View Post
    Hi John, great work. An inspiration. If you want to sell the Webers back to me, I need them for the Monza!
    Rowan -mate. Webers are like women, property and cars.........hard found and even harder kept.
    I may have to use super loctite to resist temptation to remove them at any time.
    They are still under my pillow rocking me off to sleep...........

Here are a couple more photos from John. This like a strip tease in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Here are a couple more photos from John. This like a strip tease in reverse.

Beer crate would have been full, half full, or full of emptys back in the day