Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

how true John. I just wish other people would understand that

Crikey it could have done with a lick of polish. You're a brave man, John.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:33 AM.

These shots show the inner left and right of the wheel openings taken approx where the diff would be. This is like a heart getting a body transplant.

I doff my hat to you John, thats one hell of a project. To tackle a project of this magnitude, is inspiring. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:33 AM.

Is it only me or are there not actually any pictures

This is the rear axle that was in the Monaro with the previous owner. It has some George Bunce 'burnt orange' paint overspray on it. the wheel studs are 4 3/4" and look to be 1/2 thread. Not the usual Holden tooth pick variety.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Is it only me or are there not actually any pictures
    They show on my screen Rod, maybe your connection is slow.

Time for the real scary part- this is where the good metal finishes. Once again unpicked on factory joins.

Regards

John

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Rod- Bruce posted these in the usual way., and he has done quite a lot of them.
    Tell us which ones you cant see.
    All.
    Screen is not slow, but i am a little. Na strange no photos for some reason.

Rod, PM me your email add and i will send the pics. I don't want you to miss out on all this excitement.

Bruce. (i'm out until this evening though)

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    All.
    Screen is not slow, but i am a little. Na strange no photos for some reason.
    Rod are you able to view photos on other threads? Can you view the photos I posted up of the OSCA/Sports Sedans the other day on the Modified 70s and 80s Sedans thread?

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Rod are you able to view photos on other threads? Can you view the photos I posted up of the OSCA/Sports Sedans the other day on the Modified 70s and 80s Sedans thread?
    Only this thread Steve. Also on my home computor i do not have (Post Quick Reply) i have been doing 'reply with quote' and then having to sign in every time to start.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Rod- you have been very kind in sending pics to me, I have sent you the 6 rear quarter pics to your email.
    Cheers John, now get back in that workshop and into that car Pal.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:29 AM.

John,
    You may like to comment on this rare piece of Monaro bodywork. I believe you are using the better parts of this to patch the Team Cambridge car ? It looks to have a bit of surface rust on it though.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:29 AM.