Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Cambridge Monaro

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Today's progress shot shows the freshly built Muncie M22, with all new internals, this is exactly as per the original spec for the car. It was the hot set up then, and is still a good trans when properly built.

Also a Kawasaki H1A in the back there.............In 1970, we lived in View Road, Mt Eden. One of the lads had a 500 Kwaka and, of a saturday night, we'd all take turns to run down View Rd and try to get to 100 mph and slowed before we hit Dominion road and went through the front of the local takeaway......ahhh the joys of youth! I had an S2 350 and could get point to point as fast as the guys on the 500's just not in a straight line........
    Last edited by SPman; 07-24-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: just read some more

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    John , I got chud Haggett to down load piks [ he owes a few favs lol ]

Believe it or not, Chud used to be pretty handy on a bike, from memory he and Murray Hill got third in the 350 class of the Castrol 6 Hour on an RD350 Yamaha.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Chuddly was/is handy at a lot things, he leed me astray a couple of times.

Me too, ask him what he did to Guthrie Bowron's Viva estate when he was a rep there...

Now stop talking about bikes you blokes, we got in trouble last time...

John, are you planning to paint the Monaro up in the Cambridge paint job ? The T70 still looks grouse, but the Monaro looked rough and tough when it was bronze, too.
    Last edited by GD66; 07-24-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Monaro will absolutely be in Cambridge colours.

And the car was built from scratch as a bare body to be the Cambridge Monaro- it is its birthright.

Great ! More power to your right arm, son !

LOL, Chud still has a quick bike , I see him often especialy if I have beer in my work frigde & scraps of food about heheh [joke .. w elllllll ] Yep he was a helping hand for Gary ANZ series with Alby Collier & Pumkin. John Cambridge colours are the go.......well done ps John its $450 inl gst to get the screemin eagle from Timaru to Tga door to door

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    I remember running with Albie with his Anglia in pre 65 in 1991.
    You mean to say that you dont want the fun of riding the bike up here through the snow and retelling the story on Road Trip thread?
    Yep Alby & I go back a few yrs , played plenty of golf , played lots.......... when single , pool , racing to gether , trips to F1 etc etc , Hey ummmm John no would not ride it up not experienced enough at this point , but will get a handle on it, I had one of the main ulyesses motor cylce members in at work yesterday he offered to ride it up if i flew him down on cheap seat.

To go with the previously seen 4 bolt block, new 327 crank, these 461 fuelie heads will complete the base part of the engine. Internals, Pistons, cam, rods etc are on their way.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:35 AM.

At the December 69 meeting at Pukekohe was this setup. It must have been parked not far from the Cambridge Monaro.
    Does anyone know anything about this Ranchwagon and what looks like a fuel trailer. The pic is by Jack Inwood, copyright Bruce McLaren Trust.

Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-23-2017 at 02:36 AM.

As it's parked beside the ambulance and tow truck, I'd reckon it could be a fire-fighting trailer with a chemical component.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    At the December 69 meeting at Pukekohe was this setup. It must have been parked not far from the Cambridge Monaro.
    Does anyone know anything about this Ranchwagon and what looks like a fuel trailer. The pic is by Jack Inwood, copyright Bruce McLaren Trust.

The Ranchwagon - just a good old trusty Ford. From my days as a flaggie at Puke the trailer definitely looks like the fire tender. The large white sphere is a pressureised dry powder tank and the circular apparatus at the rear is the hose reel.

Mate give Allen a ring ................

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    The Ranchwagon - just a good old trusty Ford. From my days as a flaggie at Puke the trailer definitely looks like the fire tender. The large white sphere is a pressureised dry powder tank and the circular apparatus at the rear is the hose reel.
    This arrangement was superceded with either an International or Dodge pickup cab and chassis. I also brought out one of the fire trucks when with the NZ Fire Service at Papatoetoe. Usually at the hairpin. Took a bit of convincing the CFO but we got there. The TK Bedford was a handful negotiating Railway corner and the hairpin at speed (50kph) particularly with 300 gallons of water sloshing around in the on-board tank.