Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Required: 1969 HT Monaro GTS350 Race Car

Feb 27- no mention at Bay Park American Airlines meeting.
    March 4 Levin no mention
    March 12 , Pukekohe no mention.
    April 12 Easter Bay Park- no mention.
    April 9 Pukekohe-no mention.
    Final Castrol GTX points- cant find his total.
    Would appear that he had stoped.
    This was a controversial season of wider tyres and driving standard- would be interesting to get his feedback- Grant, Leonard, Brocklehurst, Richards, Franicevic were just some who had panel damage.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 08-30-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Hi John, Thanks for the information, I may have the answer, On the ownership papers it appears Bill Minty has sold the Monaro.
    The change of ownership date is 12 March 1972. The new owner was Denis Hamill from Paratoetoe, He owned the monaro for 6 months
    Would be good to know if this guy raced the Monaro or painted the car and sold it on.
    The Monaro then went to a car yard in Hamilton, Then went to the Milton in the South Island.
    I am talking with one of Bill Mintys relations who does know a bit about the Monaro.

Hi there
    I have searched this site and Denis Hamill's name does appear on this site a few times, He did own this Monaro after Bill Minty sold it,
    Looks like Denis raced Saloon Cars.
    Does anyone know if Denis raced the Monaro in the or just drove it in the 9 months he owned it.

Linz- will go through and see what I can find.

The door locks on the Monaro don't always work, So I have bought new ones, With the GMH import history that John got for me it gave me the Key Lock numbers and the same number is stamped on some of the locking parts.
    I am amazed at how many things you can check to confirm a original Monaro.

Hustler wheels Wanted

Does anyone out there know where I can a set of Hustler wheels.
    Would need to be Holden HT stud patten, 14X7 inch any wider and they will rub on the guards.
    I could remove the Tramp rods then I could fit a wider wheel but I think it would be very hard to find a hustler wheel with the right offset.
    I would rather keep the tramp rods on to keep the Monaro original.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Campbell View Post
    Hi Steve, Bill Minty is my uncle and still lives in Auckland. I have fond memories of cruising in DM 1713 as a young lad and being ferried to the race track in the car. Baypark and Levin both come to mind. Bill raced this and earlier another HT 350 coloured Verdoro? Green.
    Prior to the 350's he also owned an HK 327 in Silver Mink and before that a yellow HK 186S.
    I'd be pleased to see current pics of DM 1713 and liaise with the current owner...
    All the best
    Alan
    Hi Alan, please check your Personal Messages. I would like to contact Bill Minty. CCR

LC XU1

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    I was talking with Richard just last week, I suspect he might show up on the RS shortly. Hope so anyway as he has some good stories, when he can be persuaded. Get the hint Richard?
    Hi. Can you help. I am putting Richard Brocklehurst Yellow LC torana XU1 pack on the road.
    Is Richard Brocklhurst contactable ?

Thanks
    Garth

Hi Garth, yes Richard is around. PM me for contact details, just in case he doesn't want it public. He will be interested, we have had a number of conversations of his "old days".

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Pukekohe Nov14 Moffatt and Geoghegan raced her- no mention of Bill here.

Levin-Dec 19-Heat 1-End of lap 3 Bill Sheills-Capella- in 9th led Bill Mintys Monaro 350.
    Heat 2-3rd lap , Richards leading Harrington, Leonard, Neil, Radisich, Bailey,Minty and a dice between Sheills andNev BrickleyThe race finished 15 laps later-Richards, Neil, Harrington, Leonard, and a 2 sec gap to Radisich, Bailey, Minty and Sheills. Bailey and Neil spun so I assume Bill got third here.
    More to come Lindsay

Dec 12 Club racing at Puke-Richards leading Tim Bailey, headed Merv Neil and Bill Minty on the grid.
    John, I found that Feb 1972 MM on Trade Me last year and grabbed it!