Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Coppins Pontiac, come on Bruce!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Hi Bruce, the "Falcon" was running in the GT1 class in the recent annual SVRA Gold Cup historics event at Virginia International Raceway.
    I think it has a fairly modern TransAm chassis but the builder decided he wanted something different so cloaked it with the Falcon bodywork. I did see an article some time ago about the car in one of the vintage magazines, if I can find it I'll post more info.

I ran the Peter Bennett A40 twin cam at this event, probably the first time aNZ ex-Allcomers car has run here in USA. Certainly attracted a lot of attention! I plan to post an article about the experience on RS soon.
    We'd all love to see and hear more about that race weekend Grant. The A40 must be almost utterly unique over there. They love seeing something different and it sound like you brought.

Bruce.

Bruce, I'm just waiting for permission to use some photos before I post.

Bruce, I'm just waiting for permission to use some photos before I post.
    No problem Grant, we will be eagerly waiting.

Cheers.

Looking good

Name:  G7_0302.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  141.0 KB

Name:  G7_0301.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  144.6 KB

Name:  G7_0396.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  151.0 KB

Name:  G7_0317.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  134.3 KB

Thanks Nigel, it looks OK there, but I need Paul B, the fibreglass maestro to correct that nasty hood.

B.

World Champion
    Hi Bruce, the "Falcon" was running in the GT1 class in the recent annual SVRA Gold Cup historics event at Virginia International Raceway.
    I think it has a fairly modern TransAm chassis but the builder decided he wanted something different so cloaked it with the Falcon bodywork. I did see an article some time ago about the car in one of the vintage magazines, if I can find it I'll post more info.

I ran the Peter Bennett A40 twin cam at this event, probably the first time aNZ ex-Allcomers car has run here in USA. Certainly attracted a lot of attention! I plan to post an article about the experience on RS soon.
    Grant,
    I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences with this little rocket here in the US.
    Name:  1959 Austin A40 Farina with Ford Twin Cam engine.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  77.5 KB
    (The A40 twin cam in 2012 with Peter Bennett.)

(Ken H)

That is the coolest A40, looks like it has had about 2 inch roof chop, and the nose!
    super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Thanks Nigel, it looks OK there, but I need Paul B, the fibreglass maestro to correct that nasty hood.

B.
    Living the fiberglass dream, I will be looking like fiberglass soon Bruce. I should have had a better look at the hood at Hampton. Its pretty forgiving stuff. You may be surprised what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Living the fiberglass dream, I will be looking like fiberglass soon Bruce. I should have had a better look at the hood at Hampton. Its pretty forgiving stuff. You may be surprised what you can do.
    I will tackle it seriously as it looks horrible but in many ways it is period correct. Even the T/G hoods had bows.
    A friend with a Shelby Mustang always leaves his in the garage with the hood up to counter the tendency for them to bow.

B.