Thread: unearthed old TV coverage 1987

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    what a surprise (not!)

hmmm... In the same collection of VHS tapes Im going through theres quite a bit of other footage from the 80's and 90's. Wierd to think its a quarter of a century ago already!!

so should I post up any other 'interesting' stuff I find?

Note the DVD is pretty well full, as in 3 hours worth.. its not just a clip etc...

dont forget to send me an email with your postal address!!!!
    b.young@paradise.net.nz

ps: seaqnmac27... you DO know I live in Wellington? if thats OK then sure, email or ring me (04 5893849) for a time and you can pick up!!!
    Last edited by faminz; 11-30-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Ill just add one more post for anyone who wants the 1987 footage and / or my calendar because.... wait for it..
    I just found another DVD with some 1984 F Pacific races.. So far Ive seen the Wigram meeting from it with Kenny in his Apple car Co. ralt.
    Same deal $5 for a DVD to defray the costs and my time. (and $15 for the calendar)

These DVD's are coming from a stock of VHS tapes Ive been given to convert (and the OK to pass them on). Theres 4 cardboard boxes of tapes so Ive only scratched the surface so far.
    Next tapes to do are the 1994 complete Peter Jackson season, 2 VHS tapes!! all the circuits...

dont rush me all at once!! heh...

might post a few stills tonight from the 84 racing..
    Last edited by faminz; 12-04-2012 at 05:59 AM.

dont rush me all at once!! heh...

might post a few stills tonight from the 84 racing..[/QUOTE]

You've committed yourself now - you'll be lucky to see the light of days for a month or more. Goodbye Christmas LOL

Well fellow Roaring Seasoner's, I received my first DVD package from Brett yesterday featuring the 1984 Formula Pacifics, 1987 Formula Pacifics and Sports Sedans (as shown above) and the 1991 Series - all I can say is THANK YOU BRETT - blimmin awesome.

Having stayed up beyond midnight last night, I'm settling in for another long night tonight. Seeing the old footage was a true delight and I must say the quality was also very good considering the age of the VHS Tapes.

I can't wait to see what he uncovers next!!! - I've already put in my hand up for the next batch.

I encourage you all to contact Brett and grab yourself a copy of this great footage.

Cheers, Jarrod