Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unearthed old TV coverage 1987

unearthed old TV coverage 1987

Ive just transferred some old 1987 footage from TV to DVD.

Covers the NZGP for Formula Pacifics (Thackwell / Radisich / Brabham / D Jones / K Smith)
    plus Manfeild race plus a whole article on Trevor Crowe and the 'Big Banger' racing of that year.

Ive posted 4 pics to whet the appetite..

Any interest?
    for a small donation I can create a copy and send it to anyone... would $5 plus postage interest anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

YES! Absolutely! Count me in.

Yes, I'd take one too.

Hi Faminz I would love A coppy Jamie A

World Champion
    Love 2 copies please, can pick them up from you next week!!!

oookaaay... if you can send an email to b.young@paradise.net.nz

and Ill send you account details etc for the $5..

sounds like Im gonna be busy in the DVD burner over the weekend...

Brett could you burn one for me as well !!

Me too(dvd), that was the year that we made driver suits for Thackwell and Brabham (Flamecrusher plug!), both driving for the late Graham Watson and I never took any pics, darn. I really enjoyed working with Graham especially when Paul Radisich drove for him on a real shoe-string budget but delivered results. I recall Paul leading (and annoying) Alan Jones at the Calder AGP (year?) for Formula Atlantic/Pacific after the rear wing fell off but Paul kept the pace up, brilliant drive, think Jaques Laffite won (can't remember which year), pretty sure Nelson Piquet was there also.
    Last edited by Grant Ellwood; 11-30-2012 at 12:59 AM.

what a surprise (not!)

hmmm... In the same collection of VHS tapes Im going through theres quite a bit of other footage from the 80's and 90's. Wierd to think its a quarter of a century ago already!!

so should I post up any other 'interesting' stuff I find?

Note the DVD is pretty well full, as in 3 hours worth.. its not just a clip etc...

dont forget to send me an email with your postal address!!!!
    b.young@paradise.net.nz

ps: seaqnmac27... you DO know I live in Wellington? if thats OK then sure, email or ring me (04 5893849) for a time and you can pick up!!!
    Last edited by faminz; 11-30-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Ill just add one more post for anyone who wants the 1987 footage and / or my calendar because.... wait for it..
    I just found another DVD with some 1984 F Pacific races.. So far Ive seen the Wigram meeting from it with Kenny in his Apple car Co. ralt.
    Same deal $5 for a DVD to defray the costs and my time. (and $15 for the calendar)

These DVD's are coming from a stock of VHS tapes Ive been given to convert (and the OK to pass them on). Theres 4 cardboard boxes of tapes so Ive only scratched the surface so far.
    Next tapes to do are the 1994 complete Peter Jackson season, 2 VHS tapes!! all the circuits...

dont rush me all at once!! heh...

might post a few stills tonight from the 84 racing..
    Last edited by faminz; 12-04-2012 at 05:59 AM.

dont rush me all at once!! heh...

might post a few stills tonight from the 84 racing..[/QUOTE]

You've committed yourself now - you'll be lucky to see the light of days for a month or more. Goodbye Christmas LOL

Well fellow Roaring Seasoner's, I received my first DVD package from Brett yesterday featuring the 1984 Formula Pacifics, 1987 Formula Pacifics and Sports Sedans (as shown above) and the 1991 Series - all I can say is THANK YOU BRETT - blimmin awesome.

Having stayed up beyond midnight last night, I'm settling in for another long night tonight. Seeing the old footage was a true delight and I must say the quality was also very good considering the age of the VHS Tapes.

I can't wait to see what he uncovers next!!! - I've already put in my hand up for the next batch.

I encourage you all to contact Brett and grab yourself a copy of this great footage.

Cheers, Jarrod

Good stuff, and well done for dragging that footage out for the troops, Brett.

I'm probably being a bit of a gumby here, but can anyone point me towards a site along the lines of a later version of the Sergent site that covers the Pacific years of the Tasman(ish)/Peter Stuyvesant series ? I'm after entry lists, results etc. Never seen all that stuff compiled...

Weekend Warrior
    Yep I,ll take some also please.PM me

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Good stuff, and well done for dragging that footage out for the troops, Brett.

I'm probably being a bit of a gumby here, but can anyone point me towards a site along the lines of a later version of the Sergent site that covers the Pacific years of the Tasman(ish)/Peter Stuyvesant series ? I'm after entry lists, results etc. Never seen all that stuff compiled...
    Try Chris Townsend and Allen Brown's www.oldracingcars.com

Ive taken a few stills from the 1984 DVD. Might bring back a few memories..

Name:  amon.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  48.6 KBName:  Bay Park.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  67.9 KBName:  FF.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  32.8 KBName:  kenny1.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  42.0 KBName:  kenny2.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  52.8 KBName:  march.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  44.2 KB

The black and white Amon one is coz theres a small period when the commentators are looking back at old footage...

and heres a couple more..

Name:  nzgp winner.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  43.9 KBName:  production.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  39.9 KBName:  tranzams.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  48.8 KB

Sending you an email about these Brett!

BTW, in your stills from the 84 video, the formula ford picture shows a '91 Van Deimen, and I think Mark Pederson in his Mondial? I'm thinking that was 1991/92?

I would have seen all this stuff, when they used to broadcat it on Sundays (from memory).

Would be interested in Touring Car and Sports Saloon footage.
    "Sorry Mr K., it's not your day."

The offers still open guys... I had a call from Rotorua this morning!!

also just discovered this set of videos which ive dubbed to one DVD
    83 Benson and hedges GrpA practice and Race
    89 NZGP
    84 NZ Rally (musical background.. ugh!)
    85 AWA Clarion NZ rally
    91 NZ rally

Im leaving today to go to the Hulme festival on the weekend but feel free to email me for a $5 disk.
    b.young@paradise.net.nz