Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steve Twist Collection: Part 2

Semi-Pro Racer
    And the Lexington Camaro was Spinner Black's

There are a couple of photos of how the Lexington Camaro looks now in post #14 of this thread: http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...-b-w-or-colour

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    No photo has come up on your post Lee. But are you referring to the Mustang at the top of the page? If so, those aren't inlet trumpets, they're exhaust pipes. This was a popular modification at the time, used on several V8 powered race cars.
    Thanks Steve (and Dave foor the Camaro answer). Sure glad that the Stang was not restored to that configuration.

Cheers
    Lee

Semi-Pro Racer
    It could have been worse
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You couldn't be more right David. That was simply awful wasn't it. It resembled in upside-down boat! And it didn't go any faster.

I loved your collection Steve.
    tim coe

Semi-Pro Racer
    Looking back through old threads, ( but a goody) this looks like Pete Geoghegan in the Factory GTHO Super Falcon in it's later guise - didn't know he'd brought this over to NZ. Reputedly cranked out over 635 neddie's.......

Those earlier 60's photos look like Steve must have been sitting just along from me!
    Last edited by SPman; 01-07-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Fleetwood Mustang, looked like this too!!,

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    It could have been worse
    Name:  Pukekohe April 1966 Mustang Ivan Segedin -stack pipes CCI12102015_0001 (800x790).jpg
Views: 746
Size:  139.8 KB

No boat but, those pipes ..

Name:  Fleetwood Mustang 66 - bad nose.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  110.0 KB

do not remember that ..

Journeyman Racer
    Did the Mustang actually race with those pipes.most photos are pit shots and my ones it's on a trailer and I have none on the track which makes me think it was out of action that day.Does anybody recall?

Semi-Pro Racer
    I think it did race - I seem to have a vague recollection of seeing it with the organ pipes at Puke, and thinking "he's copying Coppins"......

Here's the Morrari for comparison.....

Name:  Morrarri Puke.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  181.5 KB

Pipes out the top - Fleetwood Mustang

No photo has come up on your post Lee. But are you referring to the Mustang at the top of the page? If so, those aren't inlet trumpets, they're exhaust pipes. This was a popular modification at the time, used on several V8 powered race cars.
    Steve Twist commented on my photo of the Fleetwood Mustang with the pipes out the bonnet - it is sitting on the trailer - and Steve has on this thread several other photos of the car [ in colour ] mine is Monchrome !!.

I hadn't really read this thread as was started way before I joined - have just scrolled through a great set of shots.

The Thread deserves to be at the Top again..

My Fleetwood Mustang photo. I have noted it as the April 1966 meeting
    -Looking at the crowd may be another meeting, probably the NZIGP in January 66 or 67.

Name:  Pukekohe April 1966 Mustang Ivan Segedin -stack pipes CCI12102015_0001 (800x790).jpg
Views: 382
Size:  139.8 KB

As first raced in 1965 Gold Leaf Three Hour Challenge -as standard - my photo.

Name:  Pukekohe 1965 Gold Leaf 3 hour Fleetwood Mustang #2, v2, CCI12102015 (2).jpg
Views: 373
Size:  67.1 KB

Steve Twist Photo.

Name:  Fleetwood Mustang Steve Twist #2,  06 Early Pukekohe f008.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  102.4 KB

A David McKinney photo with the boat nose, believe only tried once - didn't work

Name:  Fleetwood Mustang 66 - David Mckinney.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  110.0 KB