Of course, but the existing system is no better, where the sum total of all members of a large group of small local clubs who decide they don't like Crunch for example, and can get a pile of votes to effectively dump him - yet none of their members have a classic or historic car and their membership total is only a couple of hundred? Can't you see the problem with that?

I'd far rather trust the Auckland Car Club or the Canterbury Car Club to make a decision on my behalf as I believe they probably understand the issues as well as anyone. If that is not possible, then the licence holders should have the vote. Race licence holders for racing, rally licence holders for rallying. What is so wrong with that?

Can you also please explain how it is that the region with the largest number of licence holders has minimal representation?

rf84 - exactly... No time to consult with members and present a case and even if they did, we are back to no weighting being given to the numbers represented. This is not really true democracy as I see it.

I'll wait and see if I, as a paid up member of a club, get any info from the club, bearing in mind there is no monthly newsletter or monthly club meeting over Christmas and the last news letter of the year will already have been printed.