I am not aware of the accidents John as I wasn't there, so I can't really comment, however, it raises the issue as to why there were any accidents at all, given that it was all supposed to be fun and you weren't even racing for chocolate fish? Were the guilty drivers held to account and brought into line? So far HMC is only fielding 14 or 15 cars but when you get up to 25 (which I hope you do) the chances of a driver not being up to the present standards increases.

Dale has stated several times that he is not bothered if the class is small, but pure, but if I put on my promoter's hat, each grid costs the promoter about $2,000, so the class has to grow to be financial viable.

I have always maintained that although we'd like to think our level is all about the cars, the truth is that driver behaviour is equally important, maybe more so. I'd far rather compete alongside someone in a repowered car who is awake, aware and not going to do anything stupid than someone in a Schedule K car with pots of cash who seems oblivious to what our level of racing is all about.

We are probably tougher on driving standards than most and this year, any panel damage has to be reported and those guilty of poor driving will be dealt to accordingly. We have done it before and we will do it again.

I love to see the muscle cars out there but I am not sure that mixing them with under 3 litre cars is such a brilliant idea. Maybe a better mix would be the larger, faster over 3 litre sports/GT/saloon cars? Watching Angus doing a David and Goliath is not a justification for the mix.

Agree totally about being safer on the road, but in the 22 years I have owned my car, every single bit of damage on the car has been the result of someone else's mishap on the race track, three times, avoiding a spinning car (one on his roof) or when they have lost it or spun out of Pukekohe's hairpin and caused a nose to tail behind them.

Having had problems in the past with Mk2 & XJ6 Jaguars not seeing me, as my roof is only 43" from the floor, I can assure you that it is all too easy to slip under the mirrors of larger cars!

We are off the subject though...