Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Repowered Classics

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    In what way would it be a hotrod if one put the time in,to build true to period a car.
    The problem here, as I see it, is these older cars were built to comply with a different set of rules and used the technology available at the time. You could build an exact copy of one of these but because of the current rules on items such as role cages, using it would not be allowed. Ask Ray (ERC) about cages sometime.
    Allan

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    The problem here, as I see it, is these older cars were built to comply with a different set of rules and used the technology available at the time. You could build an exact copy of one of these but because of the current rules on items such as role cages, using it would not be allowed. Ask Ray (ERC) about cages sometime.
    Allan
    I would re-phrase that- there were no rules in regard to roll cages to comply with. Addition of a full cage to any older car or even a modern car will stiffen the chassis and improve the handling to the point that a modern production class can no longer be seen as a true picture of that cars performance and obviously an old classic that once handled like a sponge pudding can be transformed into a joy to drive. BTW I 'waded' thru Ray's build thread one evening.....
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 02-27-2015 at 09:05 PM.