Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wheres all the pre65 pics??. from the heydays, lets have em fellas

wheres all the pre65 pics??. from the heydays, lets have em fellas

She was a great class in it's day, wanted early pics from start to now, there has been some cool cars over the years

Your right Paul,it was a great class.Name:  pre 65 1.jpg
Views: 2491
Size:  138.1 KBName:  pre 65 2.jpg
Views: 2455
Size:  113.8 KBName:  pre 65 3.jpg
Views: 2495
Size:  135.0 KBName:  pre 65 4.jpg
Views: 2523
Size:  87.4 KBName:  pre 65 5.jpg
Views: 2468
Size:  119.8 KB

This is my car the way I bought it off Pete Collins.Name:  ruapuna -25.jpg
Views: 2445
Size:  109.2 KB

And after I painted it.Name:  pre 65 (12).jpg
Views: 2508
Size:  106.1 KB

Thanks for the pix lindsay, good ol cars here,anglia no 25 is dave lovegrove, who went on to work in f1,59 is jon palmer in the chev, pete collins in the white vauxhall, no 4 anglia is nigel barclay, who worked for paul morris,29 is doug harvey, no 40 wayne austin

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay G View Post
    And after I painted it.Name:  pre 65 (12).jpg
Views: 2508
Size:  106.1 KB
    Do you still have the car Lindsay?

Hi guys I've just joined, I currently race in pre65 in the South Island still great racing nowadays.
    I've been around the club since I was born im 20 now and have watched my father race in pre 65 for nearly all those years.

He raced a PB Vauxhall which he raced from 1994-2006 before buying an XP falcon of Dave Mitchell.

Also last time I heard Lindsay had the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.Patrickpre65 View Post
    Hi guys I've just joined, I currently race in pre65 in the South Island still great racing nowadays.
    I've been around the club since I was born im 20 now and have watched my father race in pre 65 for nearly all those years.

He raced a PB Vauxhall which he raced from 1994-2006 before buying an XP falcon of Dave Mitchell.

Also last time I heard Lindsay had the car.
    Hi dan, you may not know me, but I know you, im the commentater at levels, and pre 65s is pretty close to my heart, as I raced for 3 seasons as a 15 year old through to 18 year old in the ha vauxhall viva.still trying to upload some pics I have on to trs, but havin a few difficulties.
    Your dad is a bit of a legend in pre65s, been round along time, I think I presented a trophy to you last season, I think???.for best performance.welcome to trs, I have been pushing it at levels, as its such a great site.
    welcome aboard my friend, catch up with you next time at levels
    paul lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by paul lancaster View Post
    Do you still have the car Lindsay?
    Yes i do Paul but it hasn't gone since I blew the motor at Levels in probably 1990 or maybe 91.I had just bought a farm and deciced to get on my feet with the farm before I went back racing.There were a few interested in buying it at the time and in hindsight I should have sold it as I never did get back into it.
    Also in the photos above Jim Little is in the black Valiant and I think its Robin Laing in the Falcon.
    And the Chev could have been Jon Palmer or Paul Roffey as they were in partnersip with the car and one year one would do the normal races and the other would do the reverse grid races and the next year vise versa

Ok not early Pre 65 photos these taken on the weekend. . Name:  Anglia 99c.jpg
Views: 1992
Size:  143.3 KBName:  Austin 28d.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  128.3 KBName:  Bowskill Cortina 5c.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  100.8 KBName:  Cobham Anglia 15c.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  121.0 KBName:  Cortina 95c.jpg
Views: 1927
Size:  78.7 KB

Love the 28D Austin! Fair bit of internal scaffolding there. Great pics.

I haven't watched pre 65's for ages but a great class.

World Champion
    Morris actually ERC..........the ex Fogg yellow peril still going for it!!!!!!
    And look at the variety........great stuff, great racing.

Yes, great class Gerald and still going strong after what! 30 years? isn't it!! a few mates racing in pre 65 tried to push me into years ago but I didn't like the way the cars where "chopped up" and weren't more than basic body shells, still I do like they way they've keep control of the period look. Probably my all time favourite old car class in NZ.

Dale M

I quite enjoy watching the Pre 65's racing nowadays... this is a shot I got at Puke, I think it exemplifies the racing nicely:

Is this the car Gerald ?? Saw Angus race it at Puke a few years ago now and he was passing cars around the outside over Mobil onto the pit straight. He told me that it was a great car to have some fun in.

World Champion
    Thats it kiwi285. Hope it has gone to a good home!!!! Despite its looks it was really quite a sophisticated race car. It damn well should have been for what it cost John Lamont to build, but as he said he didn't want 'just another bloody Anglia'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LoL.